my re-build thread

sorry for the total let down here! Staining up the maple today.. then i've gotta polycrylic it 3 times, so it'll be a few days before the stand looks terrific, but i'll go take a couple pictures of what it looks like currently anyways.

I tried, i really tried :( .

Getting pictures of it in it's current location is really impossible.. but it came out pretty good.. like they say "good enough for government work".

On a side note, my return pump, mesh top, 400 gallons worth of salt, RODI filters, heaters, fans all arrived within the last week. Coming in tomorrow is some marco rock, can't wait to check this stuff out =).

I'm also looking at a significant light upgrade, what do you guys think? ;)
http://www.aquaticselite.com/Stealth_T5_8x39w_2x150w_HQI_p/st-hq2-150-39.htm

I of course with my crazy mad reefer connections have pulled a few strings to get it a little cheaper :)

filling her up as we speak ;)... slowly and steadily.

Been a bit behind schedule, but really picked it up in the last few days.. got all my plumbing done, all of the baffles glued in the sump, all of the electrical, ventilation, and fan holes cut into the stand, stand siliconed, mesh top made, etc.

exactly how long does it take a 75gpd RODI unit to make 150 gallons of water? ;) .

so it's been a while before i set up a tank from scratch..

got a kind of stupid question here... i think i've remembered it right, but just wanted to double check..

when mixing saltwater in a new tank, do it without the substrate in, correct? Also, does it matter if rock is in the tank? I assume not.. after all it's just base rock... but i remember hearing that if you mix new saltwater in a new tank with substrate already down it can clump up and almost become cement like?

Doesn't matter much IMO. The salt will dissolve, and there will be a sandstorm no matter what you do.

So the tank is officially fully operational... sorry this thread is bogus without pics i know.. I don't even have a working camera at the moment though =/.

When i have a camera and can take some pictures i'll show you guys the set-up.. no corals in it yet though.

Back