my re-build thread

I'm working on it mann ... Trust me, if it were up to me i would have already ordered the Custom tank last week. But the longer you wait the more options you're presented with, and it makes the choice harder!

I'm just trying to sell the family on having a tank out in the living room instead of stuffed away where no one sees it.. and it's not such an easy sell.

If it were me I would make the decision between the two tanks based off of $$$ available.

The custom tank will be much NICER looking IMO then a off the shelf tank.

It fits what you want more. 4" short, corner overflow, starfire three sides....

If you have the $$$ go with the custom. If you don't have the $$$ go with the Oceanic. The 120 Tech is a nice looking tank, I just saw one last week.

That is just how I would decide. I went with the non custom cube because I could get a 30"x30"x24" for the same money as a custom 24"x24"x24".

Whatever you do Paul Jr PLEASE PLEASE order a tank. One Paul is enough for this club:p:p:p.

+1 on that

No one around here flip/flops more on descisions more than me, but enough already. I just ordered a controller. It was between the RKL, and the RKE. I could decide which on to get. I can justify anything I do if given enough time.LOL So I hounded a couple of reefers, posted threads, ask questions, talked to the manufacturer, and in the end. I bought the APEX Lite. :D

I know the better one was, well better(more$$$$$), but did I really need it? No. Did I want it? Yes. I dont really need what I bought, but I saved for it, and I am going to get it. With the money I saved from not buying the more expensive unit, Im going to try and get a chiller.

Point being, we all know the custom tank is much nicer looking, but in the end there are alot of people that would kill for the 120. Its hard to remember that in life as well. Be happy with the 120, and start enjoying it. With the money you saved put it towards some better equipment that you were going to have to wait on. I am sure there is a skimmer, controller, or something else you are going to "need" for it.

I remember when i startd my tank 1yr ago, someone PMd me and told me to enjoy the process. I didnt know what he was talking about, I was so stressed, and couldnt understand that. Now I do. I am in the process of helping my brother set up his 125. He doesnt know what hes doing, and I am having fun spending his money.

Get the 120, and get going. Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Good Luck

Trust me, i Enjoy every minute of it =). I enjoy just the thought of either one of these tanks.. either one would be a HUGE upgrade over the tank i currently have.. just gotta decide which one makes more sense for me!

I'll talk to pops about it tonight.. i think he'll likely say let's go for the cheaper tech tank.. i guess i can live with that ;). Part that's stupid is he'll be more on board for the tech tank than he will the custom tank because it's cheaper... but it's not like i'm spending his money? I think if i were him personally i'd want the custom tank because it's nicer looking and it's going in the living room.. but hey, what do i know? =)

I guess sometimes you gotta make a compromise, right? This wont go anywhere if i don't =/.

Whatever you do Paul Jr PLEASE PLEASE order a tank. One Paul is enough for this club:p:p.

Pfft, there is only one. :cool:

[Kshhh]

"May I have your attetion please. May I have your attention please. Will the real not-so-Slim Shady please standup? I repeat. Will the REAL not-so-Slim Shady please standup? We're gonna have a problem here..."

haha i know... just thought i'd give you a scare and make you think i was a fat self conscious acne ridden teenager :eek: .

lol when i finally do get a new tank.. think i'll start a new thread, cause half of these 15 pages is me and mister two fly talking nonsenseical nonsense. =)) < Paul's double chin ;)

oh and on a slight side note.. i got the go-ahead on a 120 tech. I guess that's what i'll do.

Sorry for all the flip-flopping people =/.

Good thing is it leaves me plenty of money for a new skimmer and return pump.

oh and on a slight side note.. i got the go-ahead on a 120 tech. I guess that's what i'll do.

Sorry for all the flip-flopping people =/.

Good thing is it leaves me plenty of money for a new skimmer and return pump.

Now thats the spirit!

I'll believe it once I see a photo of the tank in your house. Till then your still just as likely to flip flop for another 15 pages:p. Even once you get a tank we might set a new record for pages before water:p

The 120 tech is a NICE tank.

I'll believe it once I see a photo of the tank in your house. Till then your still just as likely to flip flop for another 15 pages:p. Even once you get a tank we might set a new record for pages before water:p

The 120 tech is a NICE tank.

I keep telling myself that, but it's like buying a BMW after you were looking at Ferrari's, ya know?

I made the compromise though, putting my foot down! Might be a little before it does have water though.. gotta do a good deal of remodeling where it's going to be going :rolleyes:

I keep telling myself that, but it's like buying a BMW after you were looking at Ferrari's, ya know?

I made the compromise though, putting my foot down! Might be a little before it does have water though.. gotta do a good deal of remodeling where it's going to be going :rolleyes:

Drive a couple miles in my Jeep and I guarentee that you will LOVE your "BMW". :eek: (It does scary things....)

haha i know, that's what i should do, just be happy =)... and i am, i'm just excited to finally get a new tank..

heh.. if i had the space i'd be all for that 220 of yours.. can't believe you haven't sold it yet!

lol when i finally do get a new tank.. think i'll start a new thread, cause half of these 15 pages is me and mister two fly talking nonsenseical nonsense. =)) < Paul's double chin ;)

Uh, Bahney Millah is to blame here, foo. ;)

Yeah, glad to see you grew a set and decided. It took me a couple tanks to go through, but at least I decided on the tanks.

Back