my re-build thread

Who is this Bahney Millah character you speak up:p

Nicely put, to bad they didn't grow big enough to finish the setup:cool:

Yeah they did. Once I got everything in place, I couldn't follow through because we've been talking about selling our house since last November. After more consideration, we may hold off for awhile. [Crossing fingers]

Yeah they did. Once I got everything in place, I couldn't follow through because we've been talking about selling our house since last November. After more consideration, we may hold off for awhile. [Crossing fingers]

then just get the tank set up already man.. just do it and don't look back.. lol

this is a bit of a downer too... Gotta deal with 4 holes.. I was planning on 2. =/. I believe the tech has 4x 1" holes behind that overflow box? On the custom tank it was going to be 1x 1.5" drain and a 1" return located in the back panel of the aquarium (not behind the overflow box).

Any suggestions on how to plumb this? Seems like most people do 2 drains and 2 returns? Jeesh...

haha.. can't get a good photo in it's current position.. it's in the garage as we need to do a bit of room remodeling before we can set it up... should be in the coming weeks though =)

anyone else use an ATB? I've heard nothing but FANTASTIC things about them, but i don't know of anyone in the club that uses one?

I'm running an ATB 840 on my 120g. Its been running since 5/09 with no problems so far. I had to make a platform to raise it up in my 50g sump underneath the tank. Still running the "small" pinwheel and its working great which is probably why I haven't been in a rush to try the large one.

mine came with the large one from the beginning, but i hear the small one works well too. What depth do you have yours at with the small PPW? 8" or so? I'll need a stand for mine to as the recommended sump level with the large pin wheel is 6.5"

I actually have mine at 6.5". When I remade my platform I changed the level to 6.5 in anticipation of getting the large PPW. Just haven't got around to ordering one yet :). I had to adjust it a little bit but I didn't notice any real performance difference with the different water level.

What are you doing for flow in the new tank? I was reading some of the earlier post of this thread and saw that you were looking at the 6055s and also the MP40, what are your plans for the new tank?

currently i only have 1 vortech mp40, so it will be a vortech mp40 with 1 or 2 non controllable as supplements (likely my 2 tunze 6025's), along with the return. In the near future though it will be 2 mp40's and the return pump.

the ATB 840 got here today, and it's currently breaking in on my 75 =). 120 should get moving quick here within the coming weeks, i'll be sure to update and take lots of pictures.

I took a few pictures of the ATB, I'll post the up tomorrow. Boy is it purdyyy they make you not even want to put it into the water =(. I was originally thinking of going white in color for the skimmer.. but i'm happy i got forced to go red (out of stock in white) the red looks awesome, much cooler than anticipated.

So we're working on the stand. The base structure is done, but we haven't put the finish wood (maple) over the plywood and 2x4's yet. My current tank is looking like a POS right now, so i'm trying to get the stand functional as quick as possible so i can get the 120 up and running.. and because of this the doors are going to be done as a separate project..

so the stand wont really be "done" for a while, it's functional now when it comes to holding the weight of the tank, but we're going to finish/stain the maple and add it on now so that when we move the stand upstairs the only finishing touches we need to worry about is the doors....

hopefully the stand will be holding the tank (with water!) by mid week.

Maybe i'll take some pictures of the stand tonight if we work on it...

Back