My tech tank from day 1 to 6 month progress

TomD

Non-member
Here is a start from when B first installed it and a picture from today of my tank. I have maintained this tank more than every tank prior so I have zero algae and zero pests for probably; the first time in over 10 years in the hobby!

It will be a shame because I will have to take it down as I plan to buy a house or town house at years end or early next year and plan on going to a 180. The only issue I have had using LED lighting is keeping LPS happy. SPS & softies do great but no matter how much I lower intensity or raise the hanging fixture LPS need to be shaded or they burn, especially once I needed to start dosing.

I have to say much of the success of this tank is due to B at Unique Aquaria for showing me and correcting some of the shortcuts I used to take.

Attachments

• 80 tank new.jpg
    80 tank new.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Tech Tank at 6 months 2 resize.jpg
    Tech Tank at 6 months 2 resize.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Love the Tech tank its my favorite. (Maybe because I have the 120). It does have euro bracing style rim. They are great tanks. Not sure I am a fan of rimless that's so popular. I like something that keeps the water from sloshing over the edge with waves or when cleaning the glass.

Back