Need help ID these white dots/eggs ??? thx

uhupong

BRS Member
I have 2 Nassarius snails, 2 turbo, 2 Nerita and about 10-15 very tiny snails (not sure what they're called).

Could it be their eggs, algea or something else harmful ?

Thank you very much
Pong

Attachments

• P4280086.JPG
    P4280086.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 187
  • P4280089.JPG
    P4280089.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 186
Are they hard and immobile? My guess is mini feather dusters. If thats the case they are harmless and cool to watch. If thye move around they might be a bad thing ...

Last edited:
Hi

I'm very new at this hobby and this prob be silly question. What's feather dusters? My clown fish always trying to eat them.

They're not hard and over time they would turn brown in color.

Most snail eggs look like a string,
Kind of like a zig zag stitch.So I don't think they're snail eggs.

Yup, same question, do they move?

If they do move, they may be baby snails, pods, some other normal little critters, or could even be flatworms.

If they don't move, then featherdusters are likely. Feather dusters will look like a little coiled shell, and if you look closely a little fan like thing will come out but retract quickly if distrubed. Could also just be coralline algae starting.

Try to really look at them and describe in the most detail you can.

No they do not move around. hmm... i'm a little concerned now, hope fully it's not parasite or anything harmful to both me and fishes.

I see my clown fish eat them all the time. Also this thing happen at the same time as brown and green algea appear. This is brand new tank that recently established.

The white oval has lighter color surroding its brownish inner circle. I really can not tell if they are seeds or eggs.

Last edited:
Oops, no one mentioned that feather dusters are cool :)

Could also be vermitid snails, which also look like a kind of calcerous coil, but insted of a "fan" they send out a "mucus net" that traps food/detritis. Vermitids are sometimes a little unsightly and can be a slight nusiance, but nothing to worry about really.

looks like it may be flatworm eggs. I got flatworms and got tons of these on my back glass. Im not 100% sure but I think they are the fw eggs.

Back