Need Help setting up QT tank

Joe, please do not leave out the fact that we did go over the same reality and options that Jon has mentioned in several posts above.
And you decided with your situation to go this route first.

Best way to prevent anything coming in is to always QT first.

-B-

:confused: Geez now I really dont know what to do. lol I want to do whats best but I have a feeling my 5 fish wont survive in a 15 gallon qt for 2 months. With the stress theyll undergo and my unexpertise I dont think theyll make it. So thats why I went the other path. Im smacking myself for not having qt in the first place. ugh...

Another though I had was giving the two that show ich a FW dip. I know it wouldnt help ich already in the tank but would it help the fish, or do you think just cause more stress making the fish even more prone to get ich again?

Hey B. Yes I know you werent trying to stear me in the wrong direction, if you read my previous post this is why Im trying the other way. I hope I didnt come off like I was saying you talked me into not doing qt because you did not. (thats why I said LFS also, just in case someone got that idea :) ).

So thats why I went the other path. Im smacking myself for not having qt in the first place. ugh...

Another though I had was giving the two that show ich a FW dip. I know it wouldnt help ich already in the tank but would it help the fish, or do you think just cause more stress making the fish even more prone to get ich again?

1) Setup a QT now, use some LS (I'd put it in the filter you're using) and monitor for Ammonia..etc until it is ready. Then put the fish in QT.

2) I'm not a fish, but personally, I'd much rather go through 10 minutes of discomfort then have a thing eating at my skin constantly.....

If your going the "managment" route, one of the biggest things is minimizing stress. I've heard varying lines of reaon regarding FW dips, it may be a good thing, but it may also be more stress than it's worth?

How do the fish look now? Do you see heavy labored gilling, or just spots?

THe ich doesnt look as bad as it did a few days ago. And breathing seems normal. Im going to give them some garlic with their feeding today.

Back