Need someone to buil me a tank?

szambodi

BRS Member
hello, I am looking to get back in the hobby and I am looking for someone who can buil me a reef tank. Does anyone know any reputable tank builders? Thank you

what size are you looking to build ?
its this a custom size that you cant find ?
i love this company tanks
https://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/101.htm
have a friend that got a 120 gallon from them and looks great .
but I'm sure there many company's out there that do custom size.
ask @Archit or @this is me i think they have custom size tanks if that its wath you looking for .
regardless good luck with your hunt and welcome Back !

For custom sizes, the best, in my personal opinion, is no doubt Reef Savvy -- however they're pretty damn expensive and the wait time is longer than the wait time for a custom built car.

Next in line for me, is Miracles -- this is what I ordered. They aren't cheap by any means, but the quality of tank is awesome!

Do NOT order Coast2Coast -- I have seen one of their tanks and for the money, it was pathetic (the silicone job).

I would highly recommend looking at Red Sea Reefer series as well -- they have a lot of different sizes, and their tanks are amazing! And for far less than the cost of getting a custom tank made :)

Hope that helps.

- Archit

I had Miracles build mine 40"x 24" x 18" high with 18" overflow five holes total with a black back glass. They did a beautiful job the edges and silicone job could not have been nicer, I forget but some ware around $1500.

Jim

I second SC Aquariums. I have a 48' x 24' x 20' high 100 gallon eurobraced and the thing is without a doubt built solid..

I agree with Archit. I got a 120 custom from Coast2Coast and I payed a arm and a leg for it and the silicone job has all bubbles in it. They also ignored all my calls for months of leaving messages to no avail. Terrible for the money and horrendous customer service.

My 360gallon custom is from Miracle. Can't say that it was seamless because I did have to send the first tank they built me back due to unacceptable workmanship. However, customer service was great and they built me a second tank that is a lot better. But it's still not as perfect as I like. I don't know, maybe I expected too much since I've owned two Elos(and one of them is still with me) before that. My tank build is here.
http://bostonreefers.org/forums/index.php?threads/nicks-miracle-build.154750/

I've only heard Reef Savvy is very very good. I've never seen the tank in person to judge. I did call them when I was looking to build but the 8 months of lead time they gave me was garbage. Most people don't even know if they're still in the hobby in the next 3 months never mind over half a year to get a tank. This hobby is based heavily on impulse.

I've recently seen the newest line of the Red Sea aquarium and they are very nice. If they do custom, I would give them a call.

I'm still maybe biased but if Elos has a proper distributor and take care of their customers, I would give them my money even though I know I probably can get a similar tank at a much lower price. However, with the way Elos is in the US, you're taking a risk of ordering their tank.

I have a 60 cube from Coast 2 Coast. The build quality is solid, but it is lacking on the details. I only bought it because I found it on CL used. AT&T had it built for a two day trade show to demonstrate water-proof phones. They literally used it for a weekend! I was able to get it for 1/3 of what it would have cost shipped to my house new.

A new tank from Reef Savvy would have cost roughly 10% more than C2C, but the tanks are 10x better.

Back