Need someone to fix my tank

MofoCorals

Previously - elmafioso52988
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I need someone that knows how to resilicone a tank or knows where I can get it sone. The bottom of my tank broke and now I need a new one installed. I'm in Worcester. Thanks in advanced.

- Pablo

What size tank? It may not be worth fixing unless it's either a really big tank, or something really fancy.

I have not rebuilt a tank myself, but I can confidently tell you that a lot of work and man hours goes into doing it, and the replacement pane of glass won't be cheap.

It's a 100 gallon tank. 57 long, 24 wide, 16 tall. Starfire front. It would be about $700 to have another built at glass cages. Just wanted to get a quote before I spent money on a new one. I need the bottom replaced.

The amount of time it would take to repair may not be worth it, especially if it is the bottom pane. Everything in the tank will obviously need to be removed and kept alive while the tank is being worked on and drying. IMO if the bottom pane in my tank needed to be replaced I'd save myself the chance of potentially dealing with any disasters. I suggest cutting your losses and buying a new tank.

Tank is empty. Was going to be my upgrade but the bottom broke

I am in the process of replacing another front panel on a tank, and I can tell you that if it is the bottom panel, you will have to basically rebuild the tank from the ground up. Everything else sits on that panel, so you will have to remove and reinstall all the other panels once the replacement is in. The hard part is the disassembly and trying not to do any further damage. Not impossible, but very difficult. Typically the plastic frames get pretty beat up if not broken when trying to get them off. I get my glass panels from Portland Glass and use GE RTV 108 or 103 silicone. Call a few glass shops with the exact dimensions of the panel for some quotes. Should be a couple hundred bucks or less. Good luck.

Sweet looking tank Pablo. Being rimless would make it much easier to repair, but make sure everything is squared up and true when you silicone it back together. Get all the old silicone off, and use new GE RTV silicone. Try to DIY the repair. I'll bet you will surprise yourself!!

This tank is going on the second and I would rather have some one with experience help me with it or go it for me.

I live on the second floor and would rather have someone with some experience help me with it or do it for me. Don't want to flood the place.

Back