New England Frag Farmers Market, Saturday March 7th, 2015, 11am-5pm

Flame Angel

Past BRS Pres/2016MOD
Staff member
FFM.jpg

It is a great event, I am going, my minivan can hold 5 more people if you want to car pool from Concord MA.

It seems like 1000 for sure. Last year 800+ people came out for the day. I am going to "reorganize" to try to spread things out a bit more this year. I know that the crowds are always a concern.

I have had a bunch of people contact me for the "vendor list" for this year's FFM. So here is the list, so far. This is only the coral sellers, not any of the dry goods people that will be there (more than in previous years).
Thanks-
Jon

AC Corals (CT)
Alex's Advanced Aquatics (CT)
Aquadreams (MA)
Aquatic X-celelnce (NY)
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections (OH)
BareBottom Corals (NY)
Blastomaster/Dennis3366 (CT)
Coralcruze (NY)
Coralium (CT)
CDMAS (CT)
CTARS (CT)
dizzzy1209 (NJ)
Elmafioso52988 (MA)
E.O. Smith Coral Project (CT)
Exotic Fish and Corals (CT)
Exotic Reef Creations (NY)
Fish Frenzy (MA)
Frag Freaks (MA)
Frank180Reef (MA)
Gotham Aquatics (NY)
Greg Hiller (MA)
Hammer (NH)
Ijamcorals (MD)
Jason Foxx (MD)
Kwong1998 (NY)
Marine Reef Care (MA)
Mass Reef Care (MA)
Matt Spaulding (VT)
MetroKat's Sassy Frags (NY)
Micheal Reeve (CT)
MO~Idol (NY)
Neublian (CT)
Orange Country Corals (NY)
Pablo (NY)
Pacific East Aquaculture (MD)
Pieces of the Ocean (NY)
Polywise (NY)
Popcorals (NJ)
R+R Aquatics (NJ)
Reef Creations (NY)
Sassawrasse (CT)
Shayna 123 (CT)
Shector (CT)
SteelerMike (CT)
sydaze4 (CT)
Suicideissleep (CT)
The Coral Reef (CT)
Tinygiant (Chris) (VT)
Ultimate Corals (NJ)
Upstate Corals (NY)
Wet Pets (CT)
xclusive corals (NY)
Zybergoby (NY)

Last edited:
Hello, could you please clarify go us who are VENDORS and who are FRAG FARMERS(grow out their corals and sell small frags. They are not purchasing wholesale and cutting up). Thanks

Sure no problem, I apologize for any confusion. Here is the list with the hobbyists and shops seperated. I can't tell you for 100% certain that every hobbyist is not "chop shopping," which is not something that I approve of or want to encourage, nor would I say that every "shop" is just buying and chopping, although some certainly do. Quite a few of the "shops" are actually individuals who just grow stuff in their spare time. For example Alan from Reef Creations does sell as a "store" but is really growing out stuff at his house. The intention of the FFM was always to encourage aquaculture in the hobby, especially for the smaller scale hobbyist. The offshoot of the growth of the event has been to draw in some of the "bigger names." I have worked hard to try to keep to the original intent of the event, while at the same time maintaining the crowds that come to buy for the day by letting some of the stores come in. Hopefully this list helps to clear it up. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to clear it up.
-Jon

Hobbyists
Blastomaster/Dennis3366 (CT)
Coralcruze (NY)
CDMAS (CT) - club selling member donated frags
CTARS (CT) - club selling member donated frags dizzzy1209 (NJ)
Elmafioso52988 (MA)
E.O. Smith Coral Project (CT)
Frank180Reef (MA)
Greg Hiller (MA)
Hammer (NH)
Kwong1998 (NY)
Matt Spaulding (VT)
MetroKat's Sassy Frags (NY)
Micheal Reeve (CT)
MO~Idol (NY)
Neublian (CT)
Pablo (NY)
Polywise (NY)
Sassawrasse (CT)
Shayna 123 (CT)
Shector (CT)
SteelerMike (CT)
sydaze4 (CT)
Suicideissleep (CT)
Tinygiant (Chris) (VT)
Zybergoby (NY)

Shops
AC Corals (CT)
Alex's Advanced Aquatics (CT)
Aquadreams (MA)
Aquatic X-celelnce (NY)
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections (OH)
BareBottom Corals (NY)
Coralium (CT)
Exotic Fish and Corals (CT)
Exotic Reef Creations (NY)
Fish Frenzy (MA)
Frag Freaks (MA)
Gotham Aquatics (NY)
Ijamcorals (MD)
Jason Foxx (MD)
Marine Reef Care (MA)
Mass Reef Care (MA)
Orange Country Corals (NY)
Pacific East Aquaculture (MD)
Pieces of the Ocean (NY)
Popcorals (NJ)
R+R Aquatics (NJ)
Reef Creations (NY)
The Coral Reef (CT)
Ultimate Corals (NJ)
Upstate Corals (NY)
Wet Pets (CT)
xclusive corals (NY)

we missed this last year but we will not be missing it this year. we love the adventure with the kids to see all the cool stuff.

I have added a few:
Hobbyists
Dan Rigle
Dizzy1209 (NJ)
Shawn B (CT)
Pimentinha (NY)
New York Reef Club (NY) (another club selling donated frags)

Shops
Fins Aquarium (NY)
Fraggin Waggon (SC)
New York Coral Farmer (NY)
Pieces of the Ocean (NY)

I have also gotten a TON of emails asking for clarification on how the FFM works so I thought it would be easier to just post the general info for people who have not been in the past.
The FFM is on March 7th and the doors open to the public at 11am (there is usually quite a line by then!). There are no advance tickets, you just need to pay at the door that day. Admission is $5 per person. Spouses, and kids under 15 are free.
It is a coral market, with a TON of corals for sale. Some swapping does go on but it is really just a way to bring together as many hobbyists and local shops as I can to sell off their "homegrown" stuff. The focus is really on the "homegrown" corals and promoting aquaculture, so you can figure on seeing lots of frags of all different types.
My seller list is pretty much full and I already have a small waiting list to get a space if people cancel but people are welcome to shoot me a PM and get on it. I have already had some spots open, so you never know!
-Jon

I just got a note that Logan from Reefbreeders will be offering a few specials for the FFM this year.

First, he is throwing a Superlux LED fixture into the raffle, to go with the dosing pump he was already putting in. He is also offering:

$20 off all Jaebo pumps, at the FFM only. He NEVER discounts them.

$40 off all Photon Units, again only at the FFM.

I am looking for some advice. I will drive by this frag swap on Saturday but will not be back to my tank for 24 hours. I know people ship corals. Is there a recommended way to protect the coral for 24 hours. I am traveling by car and staying with family. I can bring water an a small heater. Any advice would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say keep the stuff in a cooler with heat packs. If you brought along a tank and tried that, I think you would just stress them out more by acclimating them into that water, then yours when you get home. I have a few styrofoam coolers rolling around the school. I can set one aside with your name on it, if you'd like it. Just stop by and pick it up when you are at the FFM.

ill be going but my extra seats are already full if a spot freezes up ill sure grab some one who needs a lift. i always bring my coolor and i tape the hot hands inside the cooler keeps it nice and tosty in there just put a face cloth so they bag r not touching the hot hand directly and ur good to go for hours hope everyone has a safe trip

Back