New plumbing question(dry time)

Steviereefs

Non-member
Hi y'all
I've done lots of irrigation and you can run it almost immediately after new hard plumbing, does the same apply for our tanks because I just added a new over flow and hard plumbing and I want to run it now because the old plumbing is off now. Can someone give me the go ahead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wait a couple hours but to be really safe I would wait 24hrs

The issue is not so much is it dry! its the fumes, and mixing of chemicals. As long as it does not smell you are fine. The process of the chemical/plastic weld is immediate. Plus an overflow is not under any real Pressure. Get it going, you have the go ahead.

When I glue new plumbing I usually give it 10 min or so then I run some water through with a bucket to catch the residuals. The pvc cleaner is the worst.

When I glue new plumbing I usually give it 10 min or so then I run some water through with a bucket to catch the residuals. The pvc cleaner is the worst.

Thanks for the tip bud, that's the one thing I wish I had done was run water through it for the residuals, next time...

that is a good tip, when I did my plumbing it was a new tank, everything was dry, but next project will be lots of plumbing (basement sump) and flushing them out first would not have crossed my mind.

Back