New tank is in the house!

customclimates

Non-member
Managed to get the tank sides and back blacked out today. I also wrangled up a few buddies to help get this thing in the house & on the stand. The stand is just the rough skeleton for now. I am a little bummed as I noticed a small scratch about a 1 ½ up from the bottom of the tank. It was under the shrink wrap so I never noticed it until it was on the stand. I am hoping the sand covers it. If it does not at least it is on the outside. Barley can feel it with your finger nail so I am hoping it can polish out!
Picture or Video 001.jpg
Picture or Video 004.jpg
Picture or Video 006.jpg
And finally a shot of my 6yr. old son Dillon in the tank. :D
Picture or Video 007.jpg

I am going to update this thread only as my tank build progresses. This way it has a fresh start with none of the old details. I can’t wait to grab a couple bulkheads tomorrow & start filling. :D

Looking good Scott keep at it may not be what you wanted originally but i think your gonna love it once it is all done if you need a hand just let me know

Colby

Looks great. You do nice work.

So was that some kind of special sale or something? "Buy a tank, get a free kid." :D

Looking good. Since this will be a long term build thread, could you post the critical details like size, lighting, ect. Thanks.

Looks great so far.
Even got the imfamous kid in the tank picture.lol
Interesting how you blacked out the sides as well.

The tank is 72X30X24 (225 gallons) Starfire all around. Two 1 ½ drains with 1” returns. I have a brandy new Dart pump for the return. As far as the sides & the back it is 2mil high performance sign vinyl. There is no light penetration what so ever and the biggest reason I used it is I had it on hand. I plan on running the sides of the stand all the way to the ceiling with a few doors for access. This way it is pretty much built in rather than on a stand hence the black sides.

Last edited:
I still have not had a chance to open the lights yet. :eek: I really wanted to get the tank in the house today instead! :) The reflectors are massive ... 20X20
Picture 004_1.jpg
Picture 003_1.jpg
Picture 007_1.jpg
Picture 005_1.jpg
Picture 006_1.jpg

Just incase this build takes you time I would open them boxes and test everything out..just to make sure it all works. Warrenty dosent start the day you put them on your tank, it started the day you received the lights.

Scott, That is so sweet...I'm glad to see you were able to salvage something from your original tank order!!! I can't beleive you actually did drive out there!! (something I would have not thought twice about 10 years ago!!) Good call!!

Looks great...You can view that bad boy on both sides!!

Nice!!

B

PS..time to change your sig!!;) :)

Last edited:
Just incase this build takes you time I would open them boxes and test everything out..just to make sure it all works. Warrenty dosent start the day you put them on your tank, it started the day you received the lights.
Thanks for the reminder that I have been dragging my feet on them Julian. :p Kind of like my Aqua Controller that sat in the box for four months before I set it up.
Scott, That is so sweet...I'm glad to see you were able to salvage something from your original tank order!!! I can't beleive you actually did drive out there!! (something I would have not thought twice about 10 years ago!!) Good call!!
Looks great...You can view that bad boy on both sides!!
Nice!!
B
PS..time to change your sig!!;) :)
Given all the circumstances I too am glad I made the ride to NJ. The 6’ tank is tough to pull off with the room I have but we are making it work. I do wish I could view both sides but the only spot I have to put it is against a wall. Thanks for the p.s. as I just updated. :D

Back