New tank is in the house!

Thanks Brian! Jim did all the work as I only sanded and finished. The stands canopy is fixed but the entire thing can be disassembled into four sections for future relocation of the set up. The three sides can be slid out with the removal of just a few screws. :D

Very nice job!!

We are enjoying the views as a matter of fact. :D My wife just came down and commented on how it is starting to really look complete. The fish are settling with no issues. They are eating like pigs but seem to miss how they just went from this ...
Picture%20005_1.jpg
To this ...
frozendinner.jpg

Once the first algae bloom subsides and I have more than three fish in there which is where we are at as of today … LOL! :rolleyes: I have the lights on for just a few hours a day to control the algae as I know it is really just for my viewing pleasure at the moment. With no corals in there the fish are just fine with the day’s sunlight. Soon though … soon! :D

Come on Scott we need an UPDATE with PICS, whats the hold up!!:D...we are jones'in for some info on the set-up!!!

Scott, Looks amazing. Good luck. :) Tell everyone you need a free coral of there most colorful and rarest to seed the new tank. :D

It has been a few weeks running. All parameters have been in check and little to no cycle as the Marco Rocks where cooking since February or so. I have added a pretty hefty cleanup crew once the green algae started and it now has cleared. There are a few fish to add a little something until I am ready for corals. I have a Hippo, Powder Blue and a Purple Tang. Also a three stripe maroon clown. I am very anxious to add corals but not just yet. Here is a picture as of today … sorry about the window glare. :eek:

Picture 007.jpg

As I was taking a picture of the tank when the UPS truck pulled up. Not at all tank or reef related but I had the camera out as the big brown truck rolled up. I have 20” rims on one of our trucks and we plan to tow with it. That said we are going back to a 16” wheel to give it that stock ride again. Just because we are going back to 16” wheel does not mean we have to put the stock wheels back on. :rolleyes: :D

Picture 003.jpg

Last edited:
Come on Scott......redeem yourself and post a non glare photo:p, don't be mean to us;).

The parts that I could see, looked pretty good:D.

LOL! I will Barry just after the sun goes down. :) We all do not Possess the photography skills of BM Inc. :p I am not crazy about the small rocks in the front but they are keeping the sand storms to a dull roar. I still have to tweak the location of the Tunzes then take a ride to see Marc again for a few select Marco Rocks.

Last edited:
No corals as of yet but a few recent additions. I thought the Tiger Cowrie was pretty neat. I will keep an eye on it once I start adding corals. They say it may eat some soft corals as an adult. If it develops an appetite I do not think it will be hard to get out and just keep it in my sump as they are great scavengers. As for the fish it was very tough to get a decent shot of all three. :rolleyes:
Picture 001.jpg

Picture 029_2.jpg

Back