Noticed a worm in my tank I have never seen before

WoodRiverTroutBum

Non-member
Last night before bed I decided to grab the flashlight and check out the tank. To my surprise there was a worm stretched from one rock to another (about 3") and then shrunk back under the rock when I shined the light on it. I tried getting a picture but it is impossible do to its location. The worm looked like an earth worm or something, had no legs at all and is tan in color. It actually looks kind of like the "trunk" of my conch. Any ideas of what it is?

My guess is a Bristol Worm, Its hard to tell without a picture but thats what it sounds like to me. They are not a terrible thing when they stay small they just eat stuff around the tank, But they can get to sizes where they will eat small fish and inverts.

Right on guys, thanks for the help. I had never seen a peanut worm before and it didn't come up in any of my searches for "reef worms".

I saw the same thing in my tank last year, but couldn't catch it. I never saw it again, but it seems to be harmless. I can only guess how big the thing must be now.

Back