Noticed Cleaner shrimp carrying eggs for the first time

Trevor

Non-member
Just was feeding the tank and my cleaner shrimp climbed up the glass to get some food and BAMN tons of yellowish colored eggs, not sure if this just happened recently as i didnt notice it yesterday when i was feeding, also he/she not sure at this point did go molt just the other day, i know im not prepared to try and raise them but any info anyone can offer on how long he/she has been carrying them for? do the eggs turn green when they get older? is it just females that carry green eggs? im completely oblivious about this, i did try to read a few articles online but none really told me anything, its just so cool i've never had anything like this happen in this tank yet.
anyone have anymore info they can offer?
TIA

My cleaner shrimps used to lay eggs all the times.. From what i read, the cleaner shrimps carry the eggs on alternate terms... also it is very hard to raise them... i never had any luck... most probably the eggs will end up as a tasty treat to other tank mates...

Last edited:
How long do they usually carry the eggs for? Do the eggs turn green when there more mature? Or is that just if there fertilized? do you need 2 cleaner shrimp to have them fertilized or are they hermaphrodites?

Back