Opinions on those using trident

pugz508

BRS Member
Good Morning Everyone,

I was planning to buy a trident soon but because of mixed reviews online I'm a little hesitant. Whats the opinion on these for reliability? Also is there a benefit of buying new in terms of warranty? Hope everyone's having a good day.

Mine works fine. I works best when I calibrate it with my tank water. I don't know if you can transfer the warranty unless you have the receipt. It's like having R2-D2 under my tank.

Mine works fine. I works best when I calibrate it with my tank water. I don't know if you can transfer the warranty unless you have the receipt. It's like having R2-D2 under my tank.

How long have you had it in operation?

I have had my trident now almost two years. I love it. I just recently switched to the dos pumps as well and can do the trident controlled dosing which is working great. The apex will adjust the amounts of cal and alk based on the trident. I compared my trident readings with a Red Sea test kit and Hanna meters and always all very close of each other (nothing will be 100%) the trident is designed to give readings and keep your reef stable; it’s most important to keep your tank stable

I’ve had my trident for about a yr now and have it set up to do the controlled dosing for me. Readings are always on point. I’ve only had one problem with it a couple of months ago which it wasn’t getting enough water for a sample reading. I ordered neptunes repair/maintenance kit and followed their video online and its been all set since. I highly recommend it for sure.

I've had mine for about 5 weeks now and I am in love with the constant information on the parameters of the tank. I've tested using salifert test and they're very close to the readings I receive from the trident. For the peace of mind and less frustration, it has been worth every penny.

I replaced my reefbot with a trident almost 5 months ago and so far it’s flawless. I bought mine from love the reef. Ive learned the hard way there are multiple benefits to buying stock and equipment from people you know, especially equipment that may need tech and warranty support.

Trident works great. I do see sporadic reading when the reagents get low. So I do NOT use the DOS in case it doses something it shouldn't when those readings are off. I do use the DOS for automatic water changes, which is AMAZING! It is loud, so I run it late night/early morning. No more buckets.

Trident works great. I do see sporadic reading when the reagents get low. So I do NOT use the DOS in case it doses something it shouldn't when those readings are off. I do use the DOS for automatic water changes, which is AMAZING! It is loud, so I run it late night/early morning. No more buckets.
I'm in the same boat with the awc just need to find a suitable water storage container

There kinda is. Some people go into the programming and have the trident test once a day. There's a thread (Edit Trident on R2R) on R2R. I personally dont think its worth it. The reagents might go bad and the lines might clog up. I have controlled dosing so id rather it adjust the dosing according to the tests.
Interesting. I might try this. I love my trident but always wondered if I could do 2 tests a day rather than 4. My Ca/Alk do not change that much during the day so I think twice per day is enough.

I like mine, had it about 6 months. I just use it to get a trend of whats going on. If a reading seems off it prompts me to test the water. I do have it set to turn off my CO2 if my alk climbs too high as a failsafe amd I get an alarm if alk or calcium is outside my set range.

Back