I've got it covered! Well actually I don't! - Opinions on mesh covers please

It’s polycarbonate, wife didn’t want the extra humidity in the living room. Lol
Oh I’m totally on her side, especially at this time of the year when my windows look like we live in a rain forest. I’ve been playing with glass and clear plastic over mesh lids too. I was surprised to see that the glass resulted in a 5% or so loss of par, even with condensation, but the clear plastic (I think mine was acrylic, not polycarbonate) made a MAJOR dent in the par readings. And idea is polycarbonate is more par-friendly?

It wasn’t horrible. If I remember correctly when borrowed the club meter it was maybe a 10-15% loss. That is a broad guess. This omg acro was happily growing under my ai hydra at around 60% output.
10AE5276-DF8C-4475-9A48-94D4FBDD574C.jpeg

this was 3-4 months earlier, same piece.
ED6509AB-FDEA-4670-AD54-5A6562EE9BBB.jpeg

It wasn’t horrible. If I remember correctly when borrowed the club meter it was maybe a 10-15% loss. That is a broad guess. This omg acro was happily growing under my ai hydra at around 60% output.View attachment 169729

this was 3-4 months earlier, same piece.
View attachment 169730
Omg
It wasn’t getting enough light before.
Polycarbonate must be much better. I think I read as much somewhere. I am currently losing about half of the par from my light due to acrylic (based on the par meter).

Back