Our Families Reef Journal

mchartier

Non-member
This is the tank that I setup in my sons room. It will be a SPS tank with a few LPS.
Tank is a Deep Blue 57 Rimless
Stand is a Oceanic Tech stand
Sump is a 20 Tall
Skimmer is a Super Reef Octopus 1000 Internal
Return is an Octopus Water Blaster 3000 - teed off to feed a media reactor
Internal circulation provided by 2 Tunze 6096 on a 7096 on pulse mode
Lighting 2 AI Sol Led modules
Control is an Aquacontroller Jr
Sand is CaribSea Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand about 20lbs
Rock about 40lbs came from Neal (pallobi) and has been cooking since May 2011.

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

Things to do is finish the shell for the lights, and snake the cables to the lights and the Tunze moonlight thru the wall, make a screen top and clean the glass.

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
same tank as mine. I can't wait to see more progress made on this tank.
great light that you have there. I might do the same light as you early next year.

yes, keep posting more photo as you go along . great job.
tran

Really nice setup.......I love the rimless tanks and it looks like you'rs is going to be another nice one!

Thanks everyone. My son (5 years old) cant wait to start stocking. He always helped on my 90 doing water changes and feeding. He already said that he wants a pair of perculas first.

The Tunzes are running 100/30 on the pulse, so one is full blast and the other is at 30 and then they switch. I took care of the sand issue by adjusting them a little bit and its been fine since.

Nice lookin set up. I used duel nano streams in my tank as well for quite some time, with your overflow being in the center you could mount them on the back glass panel toward the ends and still acheive the flow you looking for without having the wires and magnets blocking your side view of the tank. Just my .2 cents but i had them set up that way and it worked well. Good luck with the tank, your son will like the moonlight alot better than a nightlight.lol.

Nice lookin set up. I used duel nano streams in my tank as well for quite some time, with your overflow being in the center you could mount them on the back glass panel toward the ends and still acheive the flow you looking for without having the wires and magnets blocking your side view of the tank. Just my .2 cents but i had them set up that way and it worked well. Good luck with the tank, your son will like the moonlight alot better than a nightlight.lol.

Travis ...
Looks like someone else thinks the same way I do in regards to the Tunzes. Good eye yanni

Sent from my Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the compliments. I will try to the streams on the back but I think with the amount of flow I want throughout the tank i will loose a lot of sand at the front of the tank.
So we went to CRA last night to get fish. So after walking around looking, him asking questions about different fish he chooses green chromis, well at least i dont have to worry about him breaking the bank. :) The wife was a little upset that he didnt pick clowns.

Well diatoms are now fading quickly came on fast and disappearing just as fast. I went ahead and moved the tunzes to the back wall and had to play with positioning to keep my sand from being sent to the corners and so far so good. Thanks Yanni and Mordibv for the recommendation. I haven't had time to work on the shell for the lights so hopefully this weekend I can tackle that. Took Travis fish shopping again and he picked out a Blenniella chrysospilos (Orange Spotted Blenny) the one there was already on hold so we have one on order. Due to this the coral stocking has changed from SPS to LPS seeing they will nip SPS and clams. Added a Nemateleotris magnifica (firefish) and Lysmata debelius (Blood Red Cleaner Shrimp). So until we get the blenny I am holding off now on adding live stock. I will update some pics tonight of the tank and inhabitants.

Have him Stop By Matt, I'll give him a good deal on a pair..
Thanks everyone. My son (5 years old) cant wait to start stocking. He always helped on my 90 doing water changes and feeding. He already said that he wants a pair of perculas first.

The Tunzes are running 100/30 on the pulse, so one is full blast and the other is at 30 and then they switch. I took care of the sand issue by adjusting them a little bit and its been fine since.

Thanks Michelle, but at this point he is not interested in clowns. He wont even consider them when we are in the store. The way he is going there will not be any in this tank. I like fish but I will not overstock the tank. I may talk to you in a few weeks about a pair for the 90 when it is ready.

Great setup! I love the rimless look, the lights you have look awsome. I cant wait to see it filled up and running. :)

Back