Our Families Reef Journal

right on , thats good that you got someone that shares in the hobby with ya. My wife actually got me into this 13 years ago when we met by buying me a tank and pushing me to make it salt water....13 years later she dont give a flyin F $$ K about the tank....doesnt even look at it...lol.

just curious, where can I buy a rimless tank like this? thanks

I had Jeremy from Coral Reef Aquarium (CRA) order it for me. There are not many LFS that stock a lot of tanks, most will need to order. I know Unique Aquaria has some tanks in stock, not sure what they have though. CRA (healthy livestock and knowledgeable) and Sea Creatures (more hard goods in stock) are the 2 stores I go to the most seeing they are very close to me. I have only been to Unique Aquaria 2-3 times.

Last edited:
Awesome looking tank. Im just starting up my first 46g salt want, i always used to be a freshwater guy. What did you use to make the back of the tank black?

Thanks, she's pretty good about what we spend on the tank. A lot of times I can use the "But its for the kids" line seeing it is their tank, I just take care of it.

hahah... so this is what its like having kids.. remember me matt? you came to my work place with the mp40s? i told the gf i will never drive a van!

great looking setup.
love the lights

Thanks

Awesome looking tank. Im just starting up my first 46g salt want, i always used to be a freshwater guy. What did you use to make the back of the tank black?

Thanks, I used a Black Latex with a roller, did 2 coats.

hahah... so this is what its like having kids.. remember me matt? you came to my work place with the mp40s? i told the gf i will never drive a van!

Yes, hows everything going? Oh, I will be stuck with the mini vans for a while due to this
Large Image Link (203 kB)
Thats an older pic the twins are now almost 14 months and the other 2 are 6 and 4.

So I did a 10 gallon water change while the twins were taking nap today and had a chance to get some new pics.

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

Last edited:
Well added this a few weeks ago.
DSC_0031.jpg

Im really getting annoyed with the displaying pics from Photobucket I resized it all the way to 400x400 and still had the large image link instead. I dont care for the upload because I used it before when I first joined then an upgrade happened and none of those pics work in the threads anymore. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Really nice carpet, where's it from and how big is it? It looks pretty big. Really awesome color, no other coral can compare to that blue.

Im really getting annoyed with the displaying pics from Photobucket I resized it all the way to 400x400 and still had the large image link instead. I dont care for the upload because I used it before when I first joined then an upgrade happened and none of those pics work in the threads anymore. Sorry for the rant.

I agree... I thought it worked just fine the way it was. I uploaded from photobucket as well and now I have to resize to minuscule proportions to make it work. No one likes to click on large image files, I much prefer to look at a pic imbedded in the thread. I wonder if it can be reverted to the old way.

Tthat carpet is ridiculously nice...did Jeremy order that for you?
Thanks, someone brought it in from their tank, knowing that it came from another tank not shipped I snatched it up. Acclimation of it has been stressful, not sure who had it or what it was under for lighting it has not closed it's mouth as tight as I like but is doing much better I have picks during the dripping and then daily progression.

Really nice carpet, where's it from and how big is it? It looks pretty big. Really awesome color, no other coral can compare to that blue.
I agree... I thought it worked just fine the way it was. I uploaded from photobucket as well and now I have to resize to minuscule proportions to make it work. No one likes to click on large image files, I much prefer to look at a pic imbedded in the thread. I wonder if it can be reverted to the old way.
Thanks its about 12" across, as mentioned above some one brought it into Jeremy at Coral Reef. I guess they were tired of losing fish to it, I lost a Hector's goby already to it, the wrasse was chasing it around and I was going to take the wrasse out for a few days and place into QT but as I was cooking dinner I looked atthe tank and I could only see a 1/4 of the goby sticking out of its mouth.
Yeah I need to figure out exact sizes that pics need to be, I wish it could go back to how it was.

The kids call it the smurf.

I think the pic size is around 115kb on the pics... Photobucket will let you edit it. I normally just save a copy and adjust the file size then. Works pretty good.. Awesome tank too!! Im thinking about setting up a little one for my boy too..

Updated pic of the Haddoni. This was about 10-15 minutes after it ate a piece of krill. I really like the spot that it has settled into I can see it from the side when I sit on the couch and also full view of it from the front.
DSC_0201.jpg

Thanks Michelle. I pretty much ditched my SPS for the Haddoni. It really does not like the high flow that the SPS love. Im gonna be looking at adding more LPS like acans and chalices now.

Well had to rescape again seeing it wanted to move my left island all the way to the front glass. So far so good with the position it is in, been a few days and has not moved or moved my rocks. Every once in a while I can see the siphonoglyphs but Im not worried about it anymore.
DSC_0223.jpg

Back