Our Families Reef Journal

Congrats, nice first adds :) These are great tanks and some sweet lights there. Should be fun to watch it progress.

Ok, so since the last posting, we decided to only keep this tank so I sold off my 90 gallon. Then we decided to move it downstairs to where the 90 was. So I think it was two maybe three weeks ago I did that. Right now we are on the tail end of some hair algae. We have introduced these two to the tank (ORA Ocellaris) Sorry about the dust.
DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0567.jpg

I also added a few corals, waiting for a couple to color back up and I am slowly moving them up onto the rockwork.
DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

Thanks, seeing I add the Red Planet and the Ice Tort on Friday I am at 30% on the whites and 25% on both blue leds.

And our final fish.

DSC_0869.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

Also added a few corals, rommels watermelon, dustins deepwater, Jedi Mind Trick and a few millies. Will have pics when they are not stressed from shipping and dipping.

Last edited:
Now that this guy has been in the tank for a little bit he's been out and about more. He has just started venturing out to the other side if the tank. He has yet figured out the timing on the autofeeder yet, everyone else demolishes the food before he notices. But he's been eating Rods, Mysis, and Nutrmar Ova.

This one is from today.
DSC_0035.jpg

I got him from Sea Creatures.

The first 10 days or so he stayed either in or around his cave, now he hangs out front more but still favors one side of the tank.

So we picked up our first LPS. These were taken moments after placing in the tank.
DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

I tried to talk the wife into one of these but couldn't
52a05d57.jpg

Added this piece today. It is a little bit larger than a silver dollar.
DSC_0073.jpg

I got this purple haze Jan 26th and had an issue with shipping and when I got it this is how it looked.
DSC_0709.jpg

And here it is today (poor pic sorry)
DSC_0077.jpg

thats the problem...you dont ask the wife..or even take the wife coral shopping for that matter....lol. I saw that batch of goodies also...nice stuff you picked up though..the plate looks great.

Thanks, she's pretty good about what we spend on the tank. A lot of times I can use the "But its for the kids" line seeing it is their tank, I just take care of it.

Back