Pacific Sun Hyperion S LED review

Yep agreed B , if I only learn one thing in this hobby its DO NOT CUT CORNERS !!!! EVER !!!!! bought a bunch of things before I realized that .

ok its been a long time since i posted any updates regarding the light so i figured I would bump it up. Going on almost a year now with the light and still enjoying them, still absolutely love the color they give off. As I start shifting my tank to more sps I wanted to run an experiment and see if adding any t5s to the hyperion would help the growth rate only as the colors of my sps are fine no issues there. So the beginning of november i purchased a 2 bulb t5 retrofit kit and had it installed about two weeks ago. I bought 2 different bulbs from pacific sun, i believe the crystal+ and I forget the other one. I explained to archit and yorgos what my intentions were regarding this fixture so they suggested those bulbs. So i started running the 2 T5's (2x54 watts) for 5 hours during the peak of my lighting cycle. I obviously have noticed an increase in algae growth but I was very surprised to see the increased growth in my sps so quickly. A number of my mini colonies started sprouting new mini stalks already after a few weeks. As far as all the other non sps corals i havent noticed any difference really with the t5 supplement. I will continue to monitor the new growth of my sps over the next few weeks.

ok its been a long time since i posted any updates regarding the light so i figured I would bump it up. Going on almost a year now with the light and still enjoying them, still absolutely love the color they give off. As I start shifting my tank to more sps I wanted to run an experiment and see if adding any t5s to the hyperion would help the growth rate only as the colors of my sps are fine no issues there. So the beginning of november i purchased a 2 bulb t5 retrofit kit and had it installed about two weeks ago. I bought 2 different bulbs from pacific sun, i believe the crystal+ and I forget the other one. I explained to archit and yorgos what my intentions were regarding this fixture so they suggested those bulbs. So i started running the 2 T5's (2x54 watts) for 5 hours during the peak of my lighting cycle. I obviously have noticed an increase in algae growth but I was very surprised to see the increased growth in my sps so quickly. A number of my mini colonies started sprouting new mini stalks already after a few weeks. As far as all the other non sps corals i havent noticed any difference really with the t5 supplement. I will continue to monitor the new growth of my sps over the next few weeks.

Good to know...
Do you have any picture of the light with the retro kit on it?

I have been and continue to be very happy with just the Hyperion S LED, but this is definitely something to look into as I get further into SPS (considering growth.....I love the colors of my SPS right now).

Good to know...
Do you have any picture of the light with the retro kit on it?

I have been and continue to be very happy with just the Hyperion S LED, but this is definitely something to look into as I get further into SPS (considering growth.....I love the colors of my SPS right now).

I'll snap a pic tomorrow with them all on and post.

Back