Pissed!!

If its the only place in your area that has the pump that you need and can't wait what are you suppose to do? I knew what the costs of the pumps are but couldn't afford to wait to order one

What's overnight shipping cost these days? Isn't it about $30 :)

You paid for the convience of being able to pick it up that day. Get over it and stop trashing someone for running a legitimate buisness.

alright whatever i was just venting! nobody knows who im talking about so im not really trashing anybody but ok. and to each his own

I know it's frustrating, but you can't compare the prices online with prices at a brick and mortar store. You are paying for the overhead costs so that you can actually see and hold a product before purchasing it as well as ask speak with a real person, not to mention you don't have to wait for delivery. Places like Best Buy are having a real problem with this. Everyone goes there, picks the brains of the salesperson, and then orders online.

What's overnight shipping cost these days? Isn't it about $30 :)

You paid for the convience of being able to pick it up that day. Get over it and stop trashing someone for running a legitimate buisness.

o and john thats really the pot calling the kettle black! with all the trashing in the diy forums you did

go ahead and delete it if its bothering everybody so much

This thread doesn't break any rules that I'm aware of, so I don't see it being something that should be removed or moderated.

You're voicing your opinion which you have a right to do, it's just that some people don't agree and or feel you're being a bit harsh given the situation. Brick and mortor stores need to have a markup to exist. Mark ups do vary from sponsor to sponsor, but it's up to them to set their prices and up to us to shop around if we don't feel comfortable with a particular stores' mark up.

This thread has the potential to be epic, but people are too polite in this forum.
There is another forum (and I know a few of you are members there) that is full of threads like this one, and they are great.

A little off topic,but,does anybody actually ask for a Boston Reefer discount for members anymore?
I don't ever reach for the card anymore,it's embarassing to hear"NO,I already sell at a discount".

And,I have no problem with this.The saving isn't really anything to write home about.Really only pay for membership to help the club out,not for any LFS buying benifits.

Last edited:
KCA still honors it and when I was In Tropical Isle 3 months ago they did also...................Oh and Air,Water and Ice does also (bought filters in Jan).

Yes RC has some serious hammering (dude tried a PM bidding war and was called out along with said PM's being posted on the thread, EPIC)

Im all for supporting our sponsors but gotta shop around a bit in this hobby prices vary greatly. Im sure someone had a mag pump you could have borrowed until you got one, heck I bet someone would have given you one

I agree with this. Last weekend I saw a sales price range from $19, $29 and $34 for the same magnesium test kit at the 3 LFS's in Salem.

A little off topic,but,does anybody actually ask for a Boston Reefer discount for members anymore?
I don't ever reach for the card anymore,it's embarassing to hear"NO,I already sell at a discount".

And,I have no problem with this.The saving isn't really anything to write home about.Really only pay for membership to help the club out,not for any LFS buying benifits.

I bought a pistol shrimp at Aqua Addicts and Pat gave me it to me for $18 when I asked if he gave a BRS discount. The price was normally $25. But I did spend over $500 there in the last two weeks!

Back