pods

Renato

Reef Addicted
I know my tank its pretty new a little over a month, but I already tried two bottles of live pods and none lives. I wonder if I could ged t some mature ones, old enough so it doesn't die.
My tank its 100% free of pods.
Any idea on how to get some?
If anyone willing to give me some I will be happy to take it :)
Thank you.

I know my tank its pretty new a little over a month, but I already tried two bottles of live pods and none lives. I wonder if I could ged t some mature ones, old enough so it doesn't die.
My tank its 100% free of pods.
Any idea on how to get some?
If anyone willing to give me some I will be happy to take it :)
Thank you.

Got a fuge for a place for them to live? Got plenty living in the chaeto. I'll give you 1/3 of what I got. Live in Merrimack. How's Saturday sound?

I dont have a fuge no space for it. I was thinking about dumping them in the tank. All my rocks was uncured so no pods came with them. I can do Saturday or even tomorrow if better for you. Thank you so much

Great offer above. Also, getyourpods.com is a good place to buy from

only a month old ? Have you checked your trites , trates and ammonia ? if any are off then pods cant live , they are pretty sensative . but you said you have fish in there too right ? How many ? also they will live in the rocks not just cheato . I look in my 210 at night and see them crawling all over every rock !!!!

only a month old ? Have you checked your trites , trates and ammonia ? if any are off then pods cant live , they are pretty sensative . but you said you have fish in there too right ? How many ? also they will live in the rocks not just cheato . I look in my 210 at night and see them crawling all over every rock !!!!
Yes everything at 0. I say almost 2 months another week and will be 2months. I have a banggai fish, leopard wrasse, and a pair of clows. All have been there for a month.

Your Leopard Wrasse is a huge consumer of pods! They hunt all day long. I am sure you do have pods in your tank, but because of the active hunter, they stay hidden during the day. Either way, get a refugium going ASAP to keep your Wrasse happy and healthy :)

Your Leopard Wrasse is a huge consumer of pods! They hunt all day long. I am sure you do have pods in your tank, but because of the active hunter, they stay hidden during the day. Either way, get a refugium going ASAP to keep your Wrasse happy and healthy :)

oh geez.....yes you'r leopard wrasse is cleaning them out. I buy pods for my wrasses.....better known as "reef sharks"!

I would like to have a refugium but no space... My sump, reactors, and the containers for the doser took all the space.
ry%3D480

Just an idea, as I know it wouldn't be very estetically pleasing. But you could grab one of the clear acrylic breeder boxes made for live bearers with the slotted bottoms and keep some cheato in that inside your DT. That way you would have a mini fuge for both cheato and pods that wouldn't have to be in the stand and it would keep your colony of pods safe from the wrasse until they venture out through the slats at night.

Since I have all-in-one tanks, I keep chaeto in a mesh bag and hide it behind the rocks. This gives them a place to hide and reproduce. My mandarin is constantly picking at the bag, but at least he can't get them all.

Back