Pressure tank Extreme Typhoon RODI ASOV

thomb

thomb
I've got Extreme Typhoon with the autoshut off valve. Got a real bad habit of starting it going then forgetting about it :)

I know I could go with a floatswitch/storage tank - but was curious if anyone's gone the pressure tank route. I see the following theoretical advantages of the pressure tank

A) It ain't gonna flood, unless there's a CPF – (catastrophic plumbing failure)
B) I need a storage tank anyway
C) Now I've got RODI on demand

Is my logic on track or flawed?

I've got th Extreme Typhoon hooked up w/float switch in a 55g drum, always have RODI ready as I mostly leave it on. I have an opening in the top of the drum to drop a pump in, fills my 30g ATO tank in a couple minutes and I also can mix saltwater right in the storage tank. I'm not familiar with a pressure tank, but what kind of flow could you get out of it for filling a seperate container?

I should have added. I use NSW for water changes, so the RODI is just for evaporation replacement. I don't have an autotop off system yet (that's next year w/ the new system)

So my average need is small, making a 3 gallon (~$30), storage accesable on demand practical

Wouldn't work for most of you'all since the highest capacity is 20 gallons.
http://www.airwaterice.com/category/2.tanks_pressure/ i

I do use a pressure tank to store my RODI Water. I had to put my RODI filter in the Kitchen and I didn't want a large water container in the kitchen. Couldn't hook it up in my basement. When the tank fills, I transfer it into buckets and carry it down to my basement/fish room.

I've heard that using a pressure tank for RODI is bad because then the water in the DI is under pressure, as it fills the tank. Water going through the DI is suppose to trickle out. I end up having to replace my DI faster than I should.

Back