PVC aquascaping :)

JohnnyD88

Non-member
I got AEFW and they are laying egg under some of my SPS so i deiced to take all my SPS out to dip them and cut off all the SPS base off. I am crazy enough to decide not to use 90% live rock for aquascaping instead i custom my own PVC work and only put a few live rock for my shrimp to hang on, i think i am the first one to use PVC as my aquascaping :) i know it doesn't look pretty just want try it out but my next tank build i will use live rock for aquascaping.My tank is150g extra high with BioTek Marine Tek Series 44 sump, 4 Radion XR30w G4 Pro , SRO 5000int skimmer, two MP40QD and MP60QD. Here are some before and after pic. Thanks

I absolutely loved your original scape with all the branch rock (which I have not been able to find anywhere btw) but the PVC seems very clean and functional, if not THAT aesthetically pleasing imo. Very interesting none the less. Beautiful corals BTW.

Seems like a great idea for a frag tank to keep the corals spaces and at diff hights

Not sure if you have to go to this extreme of taking all the liverocks out of the tank and replace them with PVC. Some people put their corals in quarantine(essentially what you're doing) in a separate tank and let the flatworms and eggs die on its own without a host in the display tank.
Where are your rocks now?

yea they are laying egg on my rock and place that i can't get my hand on. I am upgrade to bigger tank down the row and this way is easier for me to cut and move the sps colony over. when the sps grow on the rock is very hard to chop it off with out break to many pieces

Nice tank. Any fighting among your tangs at all?
How long have you had them together?

Thanks

Nice tank. Any fighting among your tangs at all?
How long have you had them together?

Thanks

3 tangs have been together for 4 year and i just add the achilles tang about a year ago, he the second biggies tang 5" and my purple tang is about 7"

Back