Question on Painting Back Glass

Mike Lemming

BRS Member
Hey guys,
I just finished my second coat of painting the back of my new tank. I’m curious as to how many coats you guys think is sufficient? I can’t see any light leak so, I think I’ve coated everything.
Let me know how many you guys do.
Thanks!

I appreciate it. I have a 6’ 125g that I’ve done 2 so far. Maybe I’ll wait for it to dry and bang out one more coat. Thanks!

I’d also suggest three coats. Especially if you have equipment off of the back of the tank…like I had my powerheads on the back glass of the tank and just from removing them to do any maintenance could easily scratch / chip the paint.

Didn’t even think of that. Thanks!
I’d also suggest three coats. Especially if you have equipment off of the back of the tank…like I had my powerheads on the back glass of the tank and just from removing them to do any maintenance could easily scratch / chip the paint.

If there’s trim, especially along the top, make sure some paint gets beneath the trim or else you’ll have an annoying light line across the back.

Back