questions about running tank off solar power

clutchgeargasgo

Non-member
I searched the forums and havent seen anything. Has anyone here set there tank to run off a solar set up. I like little projects and was debating getting a small solar set up for 5-600$ want the tank off grid. Plus have batterys to back up when power goes out. So anyone have this or any ideas. Im new to this solar thing so be nice lol

With solar, the bigger setup you go with the more cost effective it will be. The setup cost to For a system just big enough to run your tank would probably be prohibitive. A better option would be to go with a larger roof mounted system and use net metering to offset your monthly bill. I've been looking into it and as far as comercially available systems go, that's what I gt out of it. Now if you want to build your own system, that's a whole different ball of wax......

Well I want to start off just to run tank prob 2 or 3 batteries just as a backup. Once I get that going I will prob expand as I can to run more and more. I will be doing most of it myself. Just not sure if anyone has tried and failed or what. Im still in the thinking stage lol thanks for the response though at least I know I'm not the only one :)

O and it will also be tied into house so once batt have full charge it will go into grid

Pretty sure you'd need permits/permission/equipment/agreements in place to send excess back to the grid. That alone would probably turn your DIY into HSETDI (hire someone else to do it).

Back