Reef Roids

Jakepop1

Non-member
Hey guys I have a 32 gallon biocube and I want to start feeding reef roids has anyone had good luck with it and how much should I feed/can I feed with out messing up my parameters the recommended does doesn’t seem like enough. I’ll post some pics of the tank below so it gives an idea of livestock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

97125048cf725760f8cabb949a021e33.jpg
76c557d2d95b9245e608cfc83f30d0e6.jpg
b4b6337bc51a1df48d244717cd4098bc.jpg

Many of these products (Reef Roids, Reef Chili, etc.) are basically identical. I have not personally used Reef Roids, but I have used other, similar products. I have found them to cause problems, like excessive algae/cyano growth, without any real benefit. I have a 70 gallon system, so you need to be even more careful with a smaller system.

I've found that more fish and adequate feeding (read: not starvation feeding like sometimes people do) typically provide enough nutrients to keep corals colored, fed, and growing nicely, with a balanced system.

Of course there is nothing wrong with the product inherently, I just don't think it's necessary and causes more problems than benefits.

Thanks that was one of the problem I had when I used it a few times a day or 2 after and my glass would have a coating of algae on it thought maybe I was doing something wrong

I use both once a week shut off all the pumps and spot feed the corals. If i use more I do see some brown algae start to grow. Again spot feed, no pumps, and once a week. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back