Replacement Tunze Part or go w/Jebao

mnavick

BRS Member
My 6105 motor died and can get it replaced for $112......
Or I can get 2 new Jebao RW-15's for $140.
I'd say I got 5yrs out of the Tunze, other is still working.

Thoughts?

The jebao might crappy out. That said I've been using jebao for a while with no trouble. Started with 2 wp40 then switched to 2 rw 20. I always have a 3rd pump just in case.1 of the wp40s quit on me but I got over a year out of it the others still work. All 3 rw 20s work. I've been using them for about 8 months

I'd save yourself the trouble and get the tunze. Jeboa is cheaper but hearing they die and have weird issues after a while
Been using my mp40's for years without issue. Worth spending extra on quality in my opinion

Those ball-shaped Tunze pumps are not exactly high quality either.
I have two 6055 died on me, first the power supplies went and I replaced them through Tunze, then the motor blocks died within months, so i just toss them and go JeBao.
I have a 6105 motor block died, a 6095 power supply and motor died, a 6025 died, and many these ball shaped tunze had their front cover flew off during operation.
The old chuncky Tunze 6100 and 6000 last forever, the oldest one I have is about 12 years and still running.

And ecotech is still having wet side assembly issues. I think a part of the problem is there simply so many jebao pumps out there that you see a lot of people reporting problems.

I have not owned tunze but have always heard good things. I have been running two jebao RW-15 for a year now with no issues. They do slow down when dirty. As for less expensive (IE cheap) pumps I feel there just as good and even better than any other less expensive pump I have owned. I just purchased a new PP-15 same pump new name and I see a few improvements. Like magnet set up.

I got new pump so that I could rotate the existing pumps and give them a good long vinegar bath as they were coated in coraline. Even if I don't get another full year out of the original pair. Being able to replace lower cost than more expensive options may or may not work out in the long run. Plus the jebao were inexpensive to connect to my Apex.

Back