Reseller rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris deland

SPSFreak
Sorry just want to rant or express some concern!!
Lately I have noticed there is a handful of individuals who are snatching up great deals and then going to every other forum on the planet and flipping the stuff right away for huge profits. Don’t take it the wrong way I’m all for people making money but this sh** is getting crazy here. I think it’s gotten to the point that these few individuals are swooping in on everything they can get there hands on with a huge bank roll and flipping it. It’s hard because I wanted to buy something the other day that I really wanted and it was gone then to just to see it end up on onther forum for almost double. Sorry rant over
Am I the only one that feels this way?

Agreed, I've expierenced this a couple times recently. But I have also met some awesome people. The good has outweighed the bad overall.

It goes to show that as a community we are not here to rip each other off and have fair prices. The down side is those fair prices are low hanging fruit for those willing to ship or resell. It is unfortunate, but it is both good and bad. Good because if you are on when a deal is posted you can save a bundle. Bad because of scalping.

These are some topics that the bod will look at next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my post were removed on a certain for sale thread because I simply couldn’t keep my mouth shut...... except this was not doubling of profit...it was quadruple!!!

It’s exactly what this club has gone too and the people who have been here the longest notice it the most.

Cut up and resell instead of grow out and frag for everyone to have.

The prices of coral have driven this aggressive market.... It’s about what vultures are there at what times.

They have to run to other forums to sell their stuff because they know we would call them out here.... but they don’t realize we’re on there to see it too. I wouldn’t buy or sell to this individuals it’s not the spirit of the club.

End rant. Lol

I don't know I get free stuff from craigslist all the time (non reef stuff) and I never resell and actually use it. I think it's crazy when people try to quadruple prices but I've been on the selling side before and it's tough to sell things and can take a really long time (especially with no shows) so I've given away things for free just to get it out of my life and even then it's still hard.

I wouldn't sell at a high price to another forum member. But at the same time the flippers are picking it up getting sometimes moving, I assume, huge tanks that require a lot of work and then making a small profit. I don't see a problem with that. Or maybe they had intentions to use it and never got around to it after like 6 months to a year and they know they can get some money then they try.

Anyway, I figure it's easy to spot the flippers so the givers could just avoid that.

There is definately lebels to this from my limited experience on the forum. But I’m trying to set up a small tank in my classroom, so many amazing people have helped out and donated things. Another tried to sell me stuff he got for free for $200. It really just is something that you almost need to rely on the individual character of the members but like with any group of people there are going to be some that are better then others.

I don’t think the club should be responsible for the “flippers”
Not condoning the action but if you don’t like it , don’t sell to the flippers. Simple as that
Yeah totally agreee, it’s almost impossible to create a clear rule that stops this, nevermind enforce it. Like you said it’s on the seller to look into who they are selling or giving away to.

I think maybe you have to leave it up to the person posting an item to decide whether they care if it's resold or not. People get rid of things for different reasons and sometimes are under a time crunch to get things out of there or dont want the hassle of dealing with selling or even giving it away. I think the biggest problem is that there are different expectations I don't really see a perfect solution but if the guy posting cares they can always put not for resale or once free always free in the title.

It isn't just that they are reselling it but they are also being deceitful and calling it something else (a certain coral) and listing it for quadruple, or more, than what they paid and those unsuspecting people who don't know any better, are getting straight up ripped off. That to me, is NOT okay, and I feel the member in question should have their membership revoked in my opinion and banned from this forum. Sorry, I may own a store but I would NEVER do something so grimy.

Can we all STOP. I donated coral to a school project that I saw for sale at a frag meet last year.....i let it go. I asked a store owner why they changed a light in their store......they said it was junk but ....I saw it for sale here on BRS. I use that same light with great growth. We all need to use our OWN moral compass when buying or selling , not have the club police us all.

It isn't just that they are reselling it but they are also being deceitful and calling it something else (a certain coral) and listing it for quadruple, or more, than what they paid and those unsuspecting people who don't know any better, are getting straight up ripped off. That to me, is NOT okay, and I feel the member in question should have their membership revoked in my opinion and banned from this forum. Sorry, I may own a store but I would NEVER do something so grimy.

Relax Mother Teresa, you sold me an inch of Larry Jackson as Purple Monster... There’s no one buying that, it’s a freebie - name chosen by you. Glad you found it funny. Lolol

BAHAHAHA okay. The coral is indeed what it was sold as. Believe what you want by whatever "expert" told you so. The same coral is in many tanks and it looks different in each one. The original owner has the lineage on it and I have it and it was confirmed. So before you start running your pie hole, know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
By the way, I don't go around naming corals whatever I want. I told you from the get go I could prove lineage and you disregarded it, so this sounds like a YOU problem.

Relax Mother Teresa, you sold me an inch of Larry Jackson as Purple Monster... There’s no one buying that, it’s a freebie - name chosen by you. Glad you found it funny. Lolol
To be fair I watched those corals for months sit and die at KCA. Bert and Angel took it in as purple monster, rehabbed it and got all however many chunks there were back in good health and color. I just looked up Larry Jackson and I actually think the LJ looks better, but that's just my nonstickhead opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back