Self sticking aquarium background

I think most lfs will have something like that or be able to get it. I painted my tank, so I dont know exactly, but i have seen backgrounds at pretty much all the lfs I have been to.

I ended up at Unique Aquaria. They has "static cling" type background that doesn't look too bad. I need to wait for the water to clear for a final decision

Most fish stores have the basic vinyl backgrounds that are secured with tape on the edges. In my opinion the finish is just not as neat as one that actually sticks to the glass and avoids the hazy appearance.

On my large tank I bought the materials mentioned above and it had a really clean and clean appearance and only took about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Todays project was to swap out a badly scratched 29 gallon tank with a new 29 gallon tank. Both of these tanks have/ had a painted back. It's just unfortunate that the new tank was painted in an area that the lighting wasn't the best and I didn't notice the light spots until I brought the new tank upstairs after breaking down the old tank.

Some time ago when I did fresh water tanks I like those tape up backgrounds and smeared vasoline on it then pressed and squeegeed it onto the back of the tank, looked awesome....bright and sooo clear.

Some time ago when I did fresh water tanks I like those tape up backgrounds and smeared vasoline on it then pressed and squeegeed it onto the back of the tank, looked awesome....bright and sooo clear.

I knew there had to be some kind of a trick, but until now I didn't know it. Did the vaseline hold it in place or did you still need to use the tape?

It looks a lot better than the Aptasia farm that it replaced.

photo.JPG

Back