AI sol blue turns on and off by self

mason90

Non-member
Was wondering if anyone who has AI sol has had a problem with the lights turning on and off by them self. It shouldn't be because they are hot because they used to run much hotter when I first got them... I do have a couple led's out but I don't think that would cause this. Any ideas would be appreciated can't afford a new light right now.

Thanks mason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not sure why they are shutting off, but I do know you can get those parts used really cheap now, to people upgrading.

Check if your fan is running when it gets hot. If it isn't the light will shut itself off. Fans are a cheap fix.

Power supply. I had to replace it on one. It would turn off then come back on randomly during the lighted period.

Is the power supply a generic one or specially made? The power supply on my hydra seems to be generic

Are you sure it is not in storm mode?
An AI hydra I have started to flash at night, after checking the controller, for some reason it decided to do a storm mode at 9PM?

Are you sure it is not in storm mode?
An AI hydra I have started to flash at night, after checking the controller, for some reason it decided to do a storm mode at 9PM?

Same thing happened with me last night. My kessil mirror Suva, Fiji location and there was a thunderstorm in that area at night. I went nuts when the lights started flickering at 10:00PM our time.. only after some time i realized why it was doing that.. got to say it was a relief when I found out that :)

Is the power supply a generic one or specially made? The power supply on my hydra seems to be generic

It's a generic. They sold the sols for a year or so with a smaller under powered one then switched to a better one after. That 1st gen one fails and results in either the light not working at all or working for a bit then flickering off and on. If you unplug it and let the power supply cool (not the light) it will work again for an hour or so until the PS overheats

They are 3rd party made but can be bought at the ai site for about 40 bucks.

Back