Skimmer Question

Nikkoli110

Non-member
I am in the process up upgrading my tank from a 29 to a 60 within the next month or two. I just got the tank and stand, and I am planning on having it drilled, and adding a sump. I currenly am running the Bak Pak 2 skimmer. It says its rated from 10 to 60 gallons, would that be cutting it to close and should I replace the skimmer with another, or add one in the sump? Is anyone running this skimmer on a 55-60? What other skimmers are recomended for that tank size, either in sump or hob? Just trying to plan things out. Thanks! :)

I'd definitely upgrade your skimmer. The bakpak is pretty minimal in my experience. I'd get an in-sump skimmer. Check out Jeremy's house-brand Euro-skimmers. They look great, and I think they're reasonably priced.

Nate

I'm sorry. :) I didn't mean to leave that part out. Coral Reef Aquarium is a great store, in my experience. And they're in Seekonk, MA, right down your way.

Take a look at this Skim-Mate Skimmer from Coral Reef Aquarium. That price sounds excellent to me, and I don't think there's too much difference between Euro-style skimmers.

Nate

Last edited:
I would go with a in-sump and like everybody else go with a bigger/better skimmer. It will only help you tank and the stuff inside your tank.

Back