tank finally looks right

bfree

Non-member
OK I think we are all set in terms of buying anymore equipment yeah right! But here is the next odd question with this open top as you can see how the heck do you keep dust out, besides build a canopy I figured that out? Also thanks to everyone that has helped us thus far, sorry we ask crazy questions, mostly thanks John K, you rock and the boyz at AG!

Attachments

• P1010812.JPG
    P1010812.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Looks nice, as for dust and such - you don't. Just try to be aware of any chemicals used around the tank, even what might seem like harmless household sprays.

That looks nice and bright :) . I bet your likeing those pendants?

FWIW, if you want to spend a while looking for it, I think someone did a nice canopy for a bow front. Anyone know what I'm talking about and remember who or a thread title?

As long as those pendants have the Glass sheilds in place you should be fine. All DE bulbs need a glass UV sheild, SE bulbs don't need them. Those pendants should have come with them.

That said, some sunglasses and sunscreen for the little one might not hurt :)

the uv shield are on there, I may have to enlist my bud john K to help me build a canopy so I can add some actinics no clue how else I would get my actinics in there without a canopy, sound like a great team project go team

yeah I saw that but I have some hot stuff on the back cant do that one I may need to make a faux one just to keep the light out of the girls eyes and add some actinic. I will think about this

Looks good... I don't know if you have cat/dog hair floating around your house (I know I do!!) but someone told me the best way to keep most of it out of the tank is to have a fan blowing across the top of the tank at all times. I don't know if this is good or bad advice?! So far I just keep the glass lid on mine.

no cats or dogs here but man you can really see all the micro bubbles when you have these super high powered lights on

Looking good! We put a glass lid on ours to keep dust out and to keep fish in. Then when we added a fuge that has an open top there goes the dust proofing.

Do you have some sort of a filter to pull out stuff floating in the water? That might help keep dust down.

working on a surface box for the skimmer, ahem John K lol, test pic of the gps going now maybe this will be bigger tyring something new

Attachments

• P1010813 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    P1010813 (Medium) (Custom).JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
testing sorry bigger picture of tank maybe?

Attachments

• P1010812 (Medium).JPG
    P1010812 (Medium).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 187
star comes out to play with lettuce

brittle vs lettuce kinda like pats vs giants?

Attachments

• P1010765 (Medium).JPG
    P1010765 (Medium).JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 181
Back