Tank Movers

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
I have a ~700lbs tank coming in the next few months. Who is the best to call to move this tank to where I need it to be. The shipper will drop off the tank in the driveway but I will ask him to pull it into the garage.
Piano movers?

Riggers but it is not going to be cheap. Also make sure to make arrangements before the tank is shipped as some will want it delivered to them, depending on how they are planning to get it into the house.

Hi Dong,
Yes, I'm going from my current 200gallon to 360gallon with dimension of 72x48x24. Tank was ordered yesterday. About 6-8 weeks out.

Nick, why so small? I mean you do know that's its better to go big right?

If I were you I'd make sure the shipper will put it in the garage. I get equipment to the restaurant from time to time and most freight guys won't move it past the lift gate (if the truck even has one. They often don't).

When I get a delivery I have to be prepared to get it off the truck. I'm not suggesting that will happen in your case but I'd make sure I knew.

Thanks for this important info. The invoice stated "Curve Side Delivery" so I assume it's not required to haul the shipment into the garage. I will contact Miracle on this.

In the past, I've had my sump and ATO shipped from Advance Acrylic. They where on a pallet and the truck driver fork lifted into the garage. Now that you mentioned it, I think he said something like I'm not supposed to do this but I'll do it anyway.

If I were you I'd make sure the shipper will put it in the garage. I get equipment to the restaurant from time to time and most freight guys won't move it past the lift gate (if the truck even has one. They often don't).

When I get a delivery I have to be prepared to get it off the truck. I'm not suggesting that will happen in your case but I'd make sure I knew.

Yup that's the case often. Sometimes the trucks don't even have a lift gate because they are pulling from dock bay to dock bay.
I've had guys happy to help and some real jerks sit in the cab. I make sure I take a good long time for them.

I'll be curious to see what they tell you.

Sometimes for more money you can get in house delivery. My first big tank was dropped in the street. It was the one I just replaced 427 gal. I had a few of those low dollys and he dropped it on them. I pushed it up the driveway and into the garage. I was never going to do that again so this last time I paid for the truck to put it into the garage. He did a great job too putting it right where I asked with no problem.

Thanks guys,
I contacted Miracle on the shipping option. If I can get them to pull into my walk-out basement, it would be even better because that's where the tank is going to be. Basement is double doors walk out. Really easy to drive into with a fork lift truck.

You will like miracles tank. Beside the overflow box, you will see their tank build quality is no different from elos.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Have you owned an Elos tank before making your statement?
While Miracle are great quality tank at reasonable price, I highly doubt the craftmanship is the same as Elos. There's a reason why Elos prices is double or more than other tank.
I dropped Elos not becasue on pricing alone but the poor communication and lack of service that I've received for the past couple years since Jesse and Elos USA went away. Coralvue is now the sole distributor of Elos in the US. Even if you buy a tank from Aqua Studio(Not so great service either), they still have to go through Coralvue.

The other reason I dropped the rimless is because I will have a canopy on this tank and looking forward to keep fish that I couldn't because of jumpers. For almost 10 years with Elos, I couldn't keep at fairy wrasse due to jumping.

You will like miracles tank. Beside the overflow box, you will see their tank build quality is no different from elos.

Yes of course.
My last 120g was miracles tank which i broke.down and sold 4-5 months ago.
I do own an elos 70 now.

Coralvue and service just don't go together IMO and if they are now running Elos, expect Elos prices to come down!

Hahaha. Have you owned an Elos tank before making your statement?
While Miracle are great quality tank at reasonable price, I highly doubt the craftmanship is the same as Elos. There's a reason why Elos prices is double or more than other tank.
I dropped Elos not becasue on pricing alone but the poor communication and lack of service that I've received for the past couple years since Jesse and Elos USA went away. Coralvue is now the sole distributor of Elos in the US. Even if you buy a tank from Aqua Studio(Not so great service either), they still have to go through Coralvue.

The other reason I dropped the rimless is because I will have a canopy on this tank and looking forward to keep fish that I couldn't because of jumpers. For almost 10 years with Elos, I couldn't keep at fairy wrasse due to jumping.
How big is the new tank?

Back