Tank trouble need help asap please!

salinity is a little high but not bad dkh is on the low side but not enought to cause problems you need to find out about the dosing (vitc) and if anything else was added

you should also get the ph tested !!! that is very important

If you did a WC and are running carbon, that is basically all you can do for now. Have your brother re-test when he gets home and he can adjust if necessary anything that is not consistent with his normal water parameters. Trying to fix things too quickly will usually end up just making the situation worse.

Thanks for coaching him through this guys. The cal and alk are at their normal levels cal is 420 and alk is about 8.5 dkh which is a little low but not so low to cause the 3 sps to RTN. as far as the softies go i have all my shrooms closed and my leather is half way open. the GSP is open a small ammount.. theres maby 5 polyps open. this happened over night. i did a waterchange last night and added my Vit C as usual... i havent added it in almost a week so i dont think its that... im not really sure what it is. its really discourageing when you wake up with 15 mins to get to work and find the tank crashing. I was hopeless all day and now I just dont know what to do. should i move my corals that are alive to a good system. my aunt lives up the street. would this affect her system? i dont know what to do guys HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

how long do you mix the salt for? do you have any way to test ph? if you think you can move the corals safely that might be your best bet it is only a 10 gal

Please anyone????? i really need some pointers... my inverts look okay pistol is shooting the goby is out, and the cleaner shrimp is out and about and is eating some stuff. the water is really cloudy and i lost the following totally RTN'd. Green Birdsnest, yellow monti with blue polyps, and a brown cap, im afaraid that im going to lose my PBN

what did you use for water with the water change and did you use the same container to mix that you always do?

When did you added buffer to the water change water was it cloudy then? Did the water change at night 4 the tank?

I didnt add buffer to the water. i added Vit C no the water was not cloudy then. the water changed during the night. There wasnt really any way to get it to a LFS and yes i used the same container as usual to mix the water.

well i have accepted the fate of the tank. im going to keep doing water changes but i dont know how much better its going to get... i think that some corals will be saved. my fish better live if not im going to be very angry. what happens happens, thats how this hobby goes live and let die and learn from the mistakes.

nope not stray voltage... its ammonia i lost my fish in the night. It was fun while it lasted... this just kinda took the idea of owning one and stuffed it back down my throat...

Small tanks are tough, they leave very little room for error so disasters can take over quickly. Sorry to hear it.

sing i know i had no way of testing. believe me if i could have i would have. you dont know how much it hurt to take that dead fish out of the tank. thanks for the kind words behr

removing the dead fish will help that way it doesnt break down and produce more ammonia

sing i know i had no way of testing. believe me if i could have i would have. you dont know how much it hurt to take that dead fish out of the tank. thanks for the kind words behr

That's too bad.Ammonia test are one of those things you use for cycling and then it just sits for a while.You didn't have one from testing the cycle?
I've gone through removing at least 3 fish that I can remember.
It always sucks.Sorry to hear about your loss.

Back