Theft at CRA

niftyjosh

Non-member
The guy hit the store two diffrent days putting a scoly and a bubble gum monster chalice into a dunkin donuts iced coffee cup with a styrofoam cup covering the clear one.

The guy is short, about 5'6" brown to almost dirty blond hair, asks the stupidest questions and seems to know absolutely nothing about the hobby.

When asked what type of lighting his tank had he responded with "uv but I don't know anything about them".

He also has some of the most disgusting teeth I have seen. Like a terrible twisted rotten mess.

Just keep an eye out for this guy and don't let people with terrible oral hygiene into your house for frags or anything.

Glad they finally got a description of the guy. Sounds like he will stick out

Are you serious? So he hit CRA twice and RI Aquarium within days of each other? I wonder if that means he is local. I thought maybe someone from out-of-state was doing it, but this guy seems to be hanging around. What a shame.

I have someone coming to my house today for frags. I didnt know I was going to have to give him a dental exam. This hobby gets more demanding everyday.

his entire demeanor makes me believe hes working for someone else. someone must be telling him what to get...probably scopes the place out and then sends in the theif. the corals are probably going to a collector and the theif is getting paid to steal. OTherwise where is he going to sell these corals? CL ? BRS?

Sounds like a homeless person hired by someone else.

I figure if I paint a vivid picture of this jerks teeth, he will stick out if you happen to see him.

I also agree that this is a scheme set up by someone to hit local stores using someone who knows nothing about the hobby.

iv'e always thought that sroes should have a no cups/drinks/opend containers rule in the fish tank area, it's just to easy for someone to acsidentaly or on purpose spill or pour their drink into the tanks and kill a bunch of stuff but it would also put a stop to this guys m.o.

So,has any new fish stores opened in the area?
Small store that suddenly has some very nice corals for sale?
I'm thinking that the vandalism and thefts are connected.

Does that thief has a car or just by foot? If he does not have a car, he must be around the area.

Back