Think it was time to change rodi media?

One Eye

former vp of pr
The white filter on the left is new....the bright orange one in the middle is what it's replacing. Think I went a little to long before changeing? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2003_0429filter0028 (Custom).JPG
    2003_0429filter0028 (Custom).JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 191
That I would say is from my old apartment. The building was a 100 plus years old. Rusty pipes would=orange filters. Rust would = iron. iron would= algea!!

My filters turn a brownish orange from the rust in Lawrence city water. I've got a whole house filter right after the meter that turns dark dark brown in about 3 weeks. :eek:

Fortunatly I'm on a well now with sediment filters before it reaches the house. Really nice set up...matter of fact the guy that does the well and filters for us keeps a 75 gal reef. I have to go to his house tonight because he wants to get rid of his tank and equipment. I might have a bunch of stuff for sale, good stuff too. Chiller,lights, etc.

I have a whole house filter that also turns orange fairly quickly.
It didn't help with the fish tank connection as it is connected to a hose "before" the filter :rolleyes:
Temporarily...for the past year & 4 months. I just need to finish the CPVC connection...

I changed mine a few days ago. It looked the same. I also had to change the membrane which was only a year old (warrantied for three). Walter at Air, Water, Ice was awesome as usual, and instead of sending it in for testing for warranty, which could take a while, he sold me a new membrane for half price! Awesome company!

Back