Toan's Tom 2g Contest Tank

letoan

Non-member
Let start off with the light while waiting for the bulkheads and other in the mail. :)

Heatsink cut/sand/cleaned.
IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

Thermal adhesive.
IMG_1857.jpg

The LEDs. (Left to right) RB,CW,Violet,RB, and CW.
IMG_1860.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this power adapter in the garage, should able to drive 4 LEDs. Output 12v, 1A.
IMG_1862.jpg

Let the test begins.
IMG_1869.jpg

It's alive!! lol
IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

With violet.
IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

OK, time for PAR reading on this light.
IMG_1891.jpg

Halfway down the water.
IMG_1888.jpg

At the bottom.
IMG_1894.jpg

That is awsome, been watching all the different tank builds, cant wait to see how you guys are gonna fill em up. What are you going to do with the existing light? Dont you have to use that somehow?

I'll follow the rule :) It's going to light up the refugium section of the 10g sump.

That is awsome, been watching all the different tank builds, cant wait to see how you guys are gonna fill em up. What are you going to do with the existing light? Dont you have to use that somehow?

Moonlight driver.
IMG_1898.jpg

Violet moonlight. Very different from the traditional blue, I like it :).
IMG_0165.jpg

Very cool, this is what I am planning to do for lighting as well but have no clue about LED's. Hopefully mine will work as good as yours!

Very cool, this is what I am planning to do for lighting as well but have no clue about LED's. Hopefully mine will work as good as yours!

Thanks Mike. I'm no pro but if you need help with anything, just let me know.

Update:

Finished the sump (I guess the flow will be gentle on this one so I didn't do any bubble traps).
IMG_1899.jpg

Overflow and return hole drilled.
IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

Last edited:
Playing around with the rock. The idea was invisible overflow and return.
IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

These water pitchers going to be the container for top off water.
IMG_1955.jpg

Overflow and return/flow. Can you see it?
IMG_1999.jpg

Clearance of the overflow and the lid. I don't really like how it look, planning to flush the pipe with the lid and make some teeth on the pipe to prevent unwanted things suck into it, what do you think?
IMG_2017.jpg

Top view.
IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

Back