Uneven cement floor under tank

Reefer508

BRS Member
I'm setting up 120 in my basement on a homemade wood stand. The floor isn't very level. I was just going to shim where I needed to or was wondering if a tank mat under the stand would help? Good or bad idea? Any thoughts?

Great idea but this is going to be a temp tank. I need to break down my 150 to remodel the room that it is in, then going to set up new tank. I'm thinking it will only be running 6 months to a year. I don't want a little cement stage when done. The floor has a little wave to it. Maybe 1/8 inch gap here and there at most. I'm thinking the shims will be best. Thanks for the input.

Then don’t do the platform. If it’s only an 1/8” here and there, trowel some self leveling cement and feather it out and let it settle. No platform and more even floor.

Portland cement fast setting is good it is $20 a bag but it has primer and everything in it you would otherwise need to clean and prime($16 bottle ) the area ...I would say don't get th crap bag it will flake off and chip especially if it's 1/8 to feather the stuff is more expensive but the stuff you want just a bucket and a float is all you will need under t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one sugar pack will do the trick. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nixperience nailed it do a nice job with the form the self-leveling will do it self leveling thing problem solved could even waterproof the cement if you wanted it when you were done

Back