Were do you fill your CO2? ( Westford/Groton/Nashua/Lowell)

choff

Non-member
Hi, I just picked up a ca rx and looking for a place to fill the CO2 tank. Did I read somewhere you don't want to use the paintball places?

Thanks!

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yep, airgas is what I used. You want food grade CO2 because some other places can add lubricants to the CO2 which is the case with paintball I believe.

Last time I asked the CO2 came in one grade only, straight out of the liquified tank. The large bottles that the paintball fields use are filled just like the the other ones. The fields that want the lubricant had to bring their own tank for filling, exchange bottles were plain CO2 only.

I did not get into details in regards to CO2 but, from my diving days, I've fully researched other gases and the only difference in between the different grades of gas is the filling procedure. For welding they do not vacuum the tanks, just "top them off" to spec pressure, for "diving grade" (places that carry it, not too many) they will fully vent the tank and some will even vacuum it, for lab grade the tank itself gets inspected for foreign matter, vacuumed and after that filled, all the gas comes from the same liquid storage tank. If you own your own tank and the facility fills them straight from the liquid storage I would get the cheapest grade they have.

Be careful at Airgas in Billerica. If you get the big guy with the beard, his pricing is about $29 because his system handn't been updated to the new pricing. Anybody else will charge $37, which is what I was charged the time before. The big guy said he would be getting updated and that $37 will be the price in his system soon (yes, this makes no sense but I wasn't going to ask further). Airgas' hours also suck unless you work near them

Paintball Wizard in Tewksbury is $25 per fill and they are open on the weekend. New tanks from them (5lb) are $100 filled

Unfortunately the last tank that I got from Airgas is at the end of its life (I think they can only be used for 15yrs). So, I will go back to them and swap out until I get a newer tank. My 2nd tank was just recertified so I will be filling it at Paintball Wizard

Praxair fills ri fruit and syrup when they run low. They are my soda distributer so I'm ok with the product. I give them my tank and they trade it out for a new one

Back