What would cause all the fish to die with in hours?

Angelodr2

BRS Member
Hi guys am having a bad day with my tank, a few days ago, early I the morning I check my tank and and 4 of my fish are dead I check the water and it seams good. Today early morning I see a few more dead fish. Has anyone encounter this problem before? There is nothing other than fish and corals in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you happen to use petco's saltwater? I bought some of that a few weeks ago and it killed a fish and nearly killed the rest. all the normal parameters seemed ok but i swear something was up with the water.

did a few water changes and everything but one bounced back.

what are you using for your water for water changes and top off? a lot of cities are doing their "water pipe flushing" now a days ... so that might have caused it if nothing else has changed ...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I used a 5 stage rodi nothing from petco

velvet killed my midas blenny in 3 hours... It tricky because if you don't know what to look for, a fish infected by it will look normal and healthy until it dies really.

chlorine will kill very quickly and then dissipate. I know of an incident where a disgruntled employee dropped a cup of bleach into a tank at a Petsmart. It killed all the fish in the entire system in about an hour.

If you figure it out, please post what happened.

Sorry to hear about your crash. Are the corals ok? If so I would tend to agree with a fast acting fish killer, or if your tank is enclosed maybe too low dissolved oxygen?

2 times , in a small tank I did the same mistake. Went over the limit of stress by adding more fish. In less than 36 hours all fish were dead. They immediately developed what I believe was velvet.

Are your corals OK ? Other Inverts (snails etc) ?

Did you added extra fish during the last days ?

How about temp or pH spikes? Any pesticides get sprayed in the area? Some areas do over head spraying.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

All the water parameters are good I did add about 5 fish with in a month and a half. Also I have three in the sump and they seem good my corals are good too. So I think it was a decease from one of the fish that I got.

I have a mp40 and a rw15 both at half the speed and the skimmer is working just fine. I have 4 fish left one die two days ago, now the ones i have in my sump are just fine

But now I have 4 fish that are doing well, it's been 6 days since the last fish die

Back