Yay new tank!

Intheflesh

Non-member
Just ordered a Reef Octopus t90 48 gallon to replace my 65g AGA aquarium (will be coming up for sale soon!)

I spent the morning debating over a Mr Aqua 48 or completely splurging on an ADA 90p and drilling them. But then I found a Reef Octopus priced right between the 2, and already drilled!

I forgot to order the over flow, which looks pretty nice BTW, but expensive.

Getting excited. pretty good price for it too. No word on when it will ship yet; we are arranging freight for it. Unfortunately it's too big to go UPS/fedex.

I will be reusing most of my current equipment- ATI 6x39 t5, itech skimmer, jeabao 25s, ehiem return.

The one thing I will be doing differently on this set up is loosing the "wall of rock" look, going minimalistic with rock work; going full Zeo, and replacing my kalk top off with a 3 part doer.

Most of my SPS died from an ALK swing a few months ago. I have mushrooms, zoas, and LPS left, and I believe they will be hardy enough to survive the transition to the new tank.

I just need to finish my stand!

What type of foam should I put under the tank? I believe everyone says to put a "closed" cell foam pad. I have a 1/8 neoprene sheet under my frameless 12 gallon. Would 1/4" neoprene be sufficient?

Well, a month and a half later, my tank is sitting at the local FedEx Port. Going to pick it up tonight.

Slacker me still needs to finish the stand. Structurally it is complete. I just need to skin it. I had black formica on it, but hated it so I torn it all off. I am thinking of re doing in an espresso veneer.

Back