zapping mojanos

skyedolphan

Non-member
I know we have quite a few handy DIY people here has anyone tried this? I am honestly at my wits end and ready to call it quits , the only thing stopping me right now is you, Dave and Gina LOL, dont know anyone that would have a large enough tank and my trust to adopt "The Dog" and my rescue brat. But anyway My tank is overcome completely with the freaken mojanos I have 75+ lb rocks on the bottom that are not coming out without a total breakdown. I have left a post with Paul and am hoping for a response but also figured we may have someone her in the club that already has one or could possible make on for me. just LMK the price or if I could borrow it .

http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=23427.msg227154;topicseen

Dawn, if you get your hands on that, or a plan for one, LMK....I'd like to have one too.

Ive made 2 of these. I dont have any aptasia but made for 2 guys that did. they said it works but cant kill too many at once cause if you dont kill completely they come back and multiply.

When I had them, I employed a ruthless campaign of terror by manually removing (with an unbent paperclip) the ones I could reach and Joe's Juicing the ones that I couldn't for a few weeks. You just have to work carefully to make sure you pop off the whole nem since tearing them can result in clones! My tank was clear within a month or two (this was ages ago, and I haven't seen one for years), but then my tank is much smaller than yours.

Good luck with the zapper!

Last edited:
yes that is th eproblem this tank is very large and the base rocks are also HUGE reaching them, trying to remove is just not doable. I have been taking the smaller 40lbs or so easily removable rocks out nad removing the mojanos it just does not make a dent for to long because of the lower ones..

DP can you make me one if so how much and when LOL I am looking for this yesterday LOL

I've always had good success with the peppermints in clusters of 5 for every 50 gal ....even on the big ones...slower method but does work

Hi Andy!!!
Ya I have used the peppermints with success BEFORE I had the wrasses LOL now they just seem to become dinner and I had been replacing them every 4 weeks. got tired of the pricey dinner and when summer hit witht he hot weather that was stopped also.
I have just ordered the zapper hoping it will be in for Saturday and I will keep everyone posted on the results...

Back