Nick's 345G Build

I'll leave you with my favorite picture of tonight.
_Z7D1011.jpg

As always WOW. You said you don’t feed anything directly, don’t the open brains require direct feeding?

Yeah, I don't feed anything. I don't think they need it and I don't want to foul the water anymore than I already have with the food for the amount of fish I keep.
I think the big difference on having success or not with these open brains beside stable and good water quality is the fish that will leave them alone.
I had some wrasses pecking on them in the begining but since I took the wrasses out, the brains are doing better. For some reason, open brains are really attractive to fish being as their food.

Awesome tank and inhabitants Nick! Your disciplined reef-keeping methodology surely pays off! Can’t wait for next year’s updates!!

That makes sense my cleaner shrimp used to steal food right outa my trayky’s mouth. Thanx nick

Looking great love the auto water change. I don’t think I could run a larger tank without one. Do you use a prefilter on your intake line? Mine gets dirty after a couple months and was thinking of trying the prefilter to keep It out of my tubes and pump. Just worried about the difference in flow rate

Last edited:
Looking great love the auto water change. I don’t think I could run a larger tank without one. Do you use a prefilter on your intake line? Mine gets dirty after a couple months and was thinking of trying the prefilter to keep It out of my tubes and pump. Just worried about the difference in flow rate
Woops, you edited your message after I read it so I didn't see your question.
I don't use any filter on the intake of the CWC. I use a masterflex pump and it can power through a lot of stuff. I think the tube in the new mixed water is a bit caked from using IO salt but I don't see an issue. I have two salinity probe and CWC will shut down if both of them are not in range.

Nice. I haven't jumped into a mirrorless yet. My d750 still had plenty of life. Congrats! you must be loving it

Back