Search results

1. Leadfootedracer

Thinking it might be time to start over

I’ve had water in my 40b since the middle of March, so 8 months. I started the tank with dry sand and dry rock. I did add some live rock about 2 months in. Cycled it using store bought bacteria and fish food. Currently in the tank are a pair of clowns, a starry blenny, a skunk cleaner shrimp...
  2. Leadfootedracer

Clowning around

Took some pics of my clowns today. Can’t for the life of me figure out how to do this. Lol. I downloaded the Camera+ 2 app for my iPhoneX, but still can’t seem to get the quality I’m looking for. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Leadfootedracer

Tank Maturity

My 40b peninsula is nearing its 12th week of running and I’m feeling like it’s hit a plateau in the maturity. I started the tank with all 100% dry rock and a bottle of bacteria. I have a small cuc (4-5 astrea snails and 4 blue leg hermits) and they are doing just fine. I did have 2 clowns and a...
  4. Leadfootedracer

Powerhead Ideas

Looking for powerhead ideas. In my last tank I used Hydor Koralia. Hated them. After a while they began clicking and eventually broke apart. In this tank, I chose to use a pair of Tunze 6020’s and now one is clicking and the other is just buzzing. I am using a Hydor SmartWave. Any input is...
  5. Leadfootedracer

Removed my lenses

Went ahead and removed the lenses on my Mars Hydro Black Box. I had been debating it for a while, and after speaking with someone yesterday decided to give it a go. Was running the lights at 40% and now have them closer to 60% and I think they will need more. The spill over lighting is kind of...
  6. Leadfootedracer

My 40b

It was just a few minutes before the lights went out, and i was just admiring my tank. There’s a few snails in there, but that’s about it. Shot with an iPhoneX Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Leadfootedracer

Rather confused

So, my tank has had water in it for 2 full weeks now. Dry sand. Dry rock. I am testing using api (yes, I know, but it’s all I had on hand). I am on day 3 of the diatom bloom (holy crap this stuff is ugly) and I am thinking it’s time to add a couple critters. The brown algae has began creating...
  8. Leadfootedracer

Peninsula question

In the process of building a 40b peninsula. Livestock will consist of primarily zoas, and a pair of clowns. I will probably add more fish, but I’m still early in the build so i am not super focused on that list yet. The back wall of the peninsula will be a foam rock wall, and i will come off...
  9. Leadfootedracer

40b Peninsula Build

Well after selling my 90gal mixed reef a little over a year ago, I have decided i wanted back into reefing. We’ve moved and I found an ultimate spot for a nice little peninsula setup. I am both intrigued and intimidated by this build due to trying to keep it as clean and simple as possible...
  10. Leadfootedracer

Peninsula flow

Hey everyone. I sold my complete 90 gal setup this time last year and handled some of life's nonsense. Now I'm reefless and that's not acceptable. Going to be coming back with a scratch built setup. A 40b peninsula tank with a 20l sump. I haven't really put much thought into the livestock...
  11. Leadfootedracer

Looking for suggestions

Going to start pricing a new tank, and am looking for suggestions as to where to shop. I have found one on glass cages, but $800 plus shipping I fee is a little much. I am looking for something 30x30 or 32x32 24" deep. Glass or acrylic, I will entertain either. Anyone know any local places...
  12. Leadfootedracer

Let's get back to basics for a second

Can someone explain to me the PROPER way to choose a return pump? The pump I chose, seems to be underpowered, yet some people said it was too much pump. I have a standard AGA 90 (48x18x24) with dual returns. I have them tee'd off a single pump. The pump I chose is a mag-12. I run this pump...
  13. Leadfootedracer

2 new pieces

Picked up last weeks eBay winnings at Love the Reef today, and of course the wife picked out another piece to go with it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Leadfootedracer

pH probe calibration

Bought a ReefKeeper used. It came with a pH probe but no solution. A quick look online shows the solution is available in various pH levels. What should I get, to get the probe calibrated? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Leadfootedracer

Looks like someone will be busy in the coming weeks

Like a kid on Christmas... Now, to get all the parts to get this stuff running and installed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Leadfootedracer

Just enjoying my tank

Sitting on the couch just staring into the tank. Everyone is getting along and doing great. I have a dc2000 on the way so I can get the GAC/GFO and the UV running again so this green glass will stop coming back. I also have a ReefKeeper on the way as well. Here's my view of the tank...
  17. Leadfootedracer

Brainstorming pumps...

I still haven't replaced the MJ1200 that crapped out on me recently. I now have a ReefKeeper on the way thanks to eBay, and want to get back into sorting things out. I have 2 items that need to be fed, and at different flow rates. 9 watt Coralife "Turbo Twist" UV Sterilizer asks for...
  18. Leadfootedracer

Longest your fish have lived in a trash can?

Like the title says, how long have your fish/live rock/corals lived successfully in a brute trash can or other container? Possibly doing a little renovation work in my living room that would require me to take down the tank to get it out of the way. We are going to be pulling up the rug and...
  19. Leadfootedracer

Couple new friends

Went down to Ocean State Aquatics and checked out their beautifully laid out shop. Got to see the quarantine setup they use and was very impressed. Picked up a mandarin and a yellow tang. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Leadfootedracer

Vermetid Snails/worms...?

They are ugly as sin, and there are a bunch of them. Anyone have any luck getting rid of them, or controlling the population? They are driving me nuts! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back