Search results

1. Jbotelho85

I.D. Caribbean LPs

I think this coral is a Mancini areolata (spelling), can anyone can confirm?
  2. Jbotelho85

Jason Fox Bloodshots

does anyone have any of these!?
  3. Jbotelho85

Please help me diagnose my parrotfish

Hey everyone, I have a greenblotch parrotfish, and I've had him for over a year now, he has a white, what looks like a scratch on him, a cloudy eye, and all of his fins are frayed. He eats well still, and isn't hiding. I'm thinking amonia burns? I don't know how he would receive this as the tank...
  4. Jbotelho85

Green Zoa/Paly removal

I have a bunch of green zoas or palys that are spreading next to my miami vice zoanthids and I was wondering if they will kill the miami vice, or if i should remove them? What is the best way without killing myself, or the inhabitants? I'm unsure if they have palytoxin.
  5. Jbotelho85

Ocean Nutrition Angel Formula?

Does anyone know which LFS carry Ocean Nutrition Ocean Formula with sponges in it, or any other sponge based food? Thanks in advance.
  6. Jbotelho85

Can you get a natural looking light from LEDs?

I want to go with a more natural reef look and I currently have a reefbreeders V2, I can't seem to tune it to my liking visually, but, I want to make the tank look the best, but natural. Can LEDs produce this? What Kelvin rating is an average reef from where are corals come from? I'm thinking...
  7. Jbotelho85

Does anyone have a Caribbean biotope or any biotope?

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has a Caribbean biotope specifically as I would love to share and gather information? Is anyone doing any sort of biotope? I find this an interesting aspect of the hobby.
  8. Jbotelho85

I think I beat dinoflagellates.

So I've had a long strughle with dinoflagellates (dinos) and wanted to give up. It's been almost a year since I've had them, and I've trued everything. I did the three day blackout in conjunction with using coral snow, and no water changes, which they went away for a while. I then tried a five...
  9. Jbotelho85

Can anyone identify this pod?

Hello, this pod I found interesting as it is dark, and fairly long, maybe a quarter inch or so. Is it predatory? It's in my s uh mp and I have many amphipods and copepods in the sump. Thanks!
  10. Jbotelho85

Coral ID

I'm looking for an ID on this zoanthid, it is from Florida, and as I have a biotope and need Caribbean corals, lol. I'm obsessed. If I get an ID of this, I'll. E able to search to buy one. Thanks!
  11. Jbotelho85

Ugh. May have a predator.

So I lost two fish recently, not sure if they died, or what. I lost a green blotch parrot fish, who was healthy, but started hiding frequently. I have now not seen it for over a week and a half. I thought maybe my sergeant majors were harrasing it, so I was able to catch one and brought it the...
  12. Jbotelho85

Please help! Algae issue.

So, I got some free live rock and placed them in my tank and since then, I’ve been having this issue with algae and I don’t know what it is, I’m thinking brown cyano or distoms, I’ve attached some pictures to see if anyone can ID? Thanks in advance!
  13. Jbotelho85

Received an order from KP Aquatics

Hello, not sure if I should’ve put the name or not, but did get an roster today! I received two fish, a green blotch parrotfish (sparaosam atorieum, or something to that effect) and a Caribbean clown wrasse (Halichores Maculipinna, or something like that) as well as a spiny orange gorgonia...
  14. Jbotelho85

Natural Saltwater

so I took the plunge this morning and gathered some seawater from Southshore Beach in Little Compton, on a high tide of course. I only did around 3.5 gallons, heated it and put it in my tank for the plankton, hopefully all goes well, I will post on here next waterchange next week to see if...
  15. Jbotelho85

Emerald crab ate a gorgonian

I think my emerald crab ate my NPS yellow gorgonian, I found the crab hanging on to it and found two pieces of the coral on the substrate, looks like both crabs will be going into my sump.
  16. Jbotelho85

Any Southcoast reefers?

Any reefers on the Southcoast wanna meet up and grab drinks, or come check out each others reefs? I’m in Fall River.
  17. Jbotelho85

Staghorn coral question

i have a Caribbean tank and therefore can not get any true staghorn from the Caribbean due to restrictions. My question is how different is the info-pacific staghorn? I may possibly try a piece to make it look the part.
  18. Jbotelho85

St Thomas mushroom!

I just got a St. Thomas Mushroom and absolutely love it, here is a pic, anyone else have one? It's the green one.
  19. Jbotelho85

Anybody using NSW

Is anyone using NSW and have their been any problems with it?
  20. Jbotelho85

Question regarding smallmouth grunt

I'm thinking of buying a smallmouth grunt for my 90 gallon Key West/Caribbean reef tank. Wikipedia lists the max size at 9" and KP Aquatics has minimum tank size at 60 gallons. Does anybody have any information on the aquarium suitability of this fish. I've read some things from Wikipedia.
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back