Search results

1. 1spotpooalot

2 Part Dosing: How much do you dose

PS...i use normal IO salt. Nothing special
  2. 1spotpooalot

2 Part Dosing: How much do you dose

~300 gallon system heavily SPS dominant and I use ~ 100 ml ESV per day...each. Alk 7.5 cal 400. I dont really need to keep levels higher and I have crazy growth. you mentioned "precipitate" above. If you are precipitating then the ESV is not going into solution and will not measure correctly...
  3. 1spotpooalot

fluconazole for algae control question

I have an sps tank and just did the fluconazole treatment.(reeflux)..no damage to anything...it was a life saver...I remove carbon for 3 weeks and don't skim for first 5 days...after 3 weeks do a large water change. Bryopsis gone....noticed change 3 days into treatment, but let it go the full 3...
  4. 1spotpooalot

Tang help/suggestions

Hi...how big is the tank? If the tank is large enough, then go to step 2 which is the mirror trick. My scopas was killing a newly added sailfin in my 265. I put a large sized mirror (not a little handheld) on one end of the tank and it simmered everything down a bit. Still need to watch them...
  5. 1spotpooalot

Salt

IO...test...dose. This is the simplest and cheapest imho. I've paid 90 dollars for salt before...just made me chase other parameters...so straight io, bionic 2 part, brightwell mag
  6. 1spotpooalot

Sea Hare

Where are you?...I'm in ri...could do a loner. I have that's been in my tank for 5 months. Pretty healthy.
  7. 1spotpooalot

What do you feed you SPS and how often?

X2 ..fish poop...and nothing else. I have crazy growth. I have 4 fish in a 265
  8. 1spotpooalot

Salt

io . Tried a bit of everything over the years. But if you're dosing, io is the best value ime...others are better for this or that...io just works at a good price...and I use a lot...lol
  9. 1spotpooalot

Fluconazole PSA

Bubble is definitely harder than bryopsis...but bryopsis will choke faster ime. I had a bubble break out for 2 years in another tank...wish I knew then...its kinda funny that bryopsis is the first to die with fluconazole treatment...hair and others take 2x as long
  10. 1spotpooalot

Fluconazole PSA

Same piece
  11. 1spotpooalot

Fluconazole PSA

Sea hare munching on bryopsis
  12. 1spotpooalot

Fluconazole PSA

I have been battling byropsis for months now likely due to poor husbandry over the summer (yes, I am guilty of it) and inadvertent introduction of the pest. I tried the kent elevated Mag, manual removal, heavy water changes and Rowaphos but always came back with a vengeance. But...now I think...
  13. 1spotpooalot

Has anyone tried keeping an octopus?

Tried 3 times....finally decided to stop killing them....probably my fault but I could never get them past the first days. I read, and got advice, shipped to store, shipped to home,,,none made it
  14. 1spotpooalot

Water storage barrels

I have a 40 and 20 brute. I drilled them and connected them with a ball valve and 1 in pvc. I use the 20 as a top off...but, since they are connected, I can be really flexible with ATO and make up water
  15. 1spotpooalot

Water storage barrels

Am I the only one who still uses brute?
  16. 1spotpooalot

Blonde naso tang attacking magnificent rabbit fish

you can try the mirror trick...put one up against the side of the tank, prfereably a larger mirror that spans the width of the tank. I had similar issus adding a new sailfin to my 7ft tank with an established scopas. The Scopas went nuts right away, but the mirror stopped it. It seems to make...
  17. 1spotpooalot

Tank Cover - What are people doing?

What's a cover? ;-)
  18. 1spotpooalot

List of local coral & fish (old thread)

Let's not forget Sea Creature in North providence RI...you need something, john has it
  19. 1spotpooalot

Mr120 led light

Should be fine. I used similar for sps before.
  20. 1spotpooalot

Mirror Trick Worked Too Well

Update....the mirror trick works!. If I take the mirror away, I have a fight on my hand. While in place, the scopas doesn't go after the desjardini. I swear he thinks there are multiple fish in the corner and the desjardini will cuddle up to his reflection. Hes starting to wander out and...
Upcoming Events

April 21, 2024
Paul B
Club Meeting

Back