Search results

1. SaltCreep

FS SB Reeflights (black box) cheap

SB Reeflights - Work fine. Silent fans installed. Grow coral okay. $30 each or $50 for the pair. Pickup in Lexington after 5PM
  2. SaltCreep

Stomatella?

I think that's what it is......
  3. SaltCreep

time lapse.

4. SaltCreep

Is there any easy spectrophotometer method for nitrate?

Well? Is there? I have several specs at work....and tons of chemicals..... but if it's going to take a signifigant mixing, weighing, and drying...then forget it.
  5. SaltCreep

Anyone run MH without fans?

Just wondering. I put a 2nd hand beast of a fixture on my tank to see how MH compared to my usual T5's. Color is nice......but heat could be an issue, and the fan this thing has sounds like an old window AC. If I were going to use this fixture I would be doing some kind of work to it...
  6. SaltCreep

Another set of eggs...

I was all excited when I figured out why the bubble tip anemone looked so bad.... The clowns had nipped it into a shriveled mess to protect their egg nook on the rock. These are my first clown eggs. Came here to post......and Bluemerle stole my thunder! :p Hope the anemone snaps out...
  7. SaltCreep

Krystal Clear Aquatics

Stopped in again Saturday for hermits. The hermits they had were tiny lil guys......but it's very nice to have a store that you know will always have the basics. Lots of fish in stock. Consistant good service.
  8. SaltCreep

Store or Hobbyist? - Pics

Hey.....can someone translate Portguese?? I'm just curious if this is a store or somebodys house... http://www.reefforum.net/f248/propagacao-de-corais-no-mundo-de-lingua-portuguesa-13139/
  9. SaltCreep

Another Flatworm battle......

Ok....after my first Flatworm Exit attempt was unsuccesful, and two different Six-Line wrasses and a black velvet nudibranch have failed to eat them and totally disappeared......:confused: I'm going to try FWE again. This time I will take the advice of SaltwaterB and others. I have...
  10. SaltCreep

Six Line not eating flatworms

I finally got a Six Line to combat my flatworms. I tried Flatworm Exit....didn't work. I tried a Nudibrach.......didn't work. Now this guy, and he doesn't seem to be eating them !! He cruises around picking at stuff, but not the flatworms. Anybody have a Sixline that eventually...
  11. SaltCreep

Will an AGA 24 inch Versa-Top fit a 75?

I just broke another one doing a water change.:( For some reason I'm worried that they may be slightly to short.....:confused: I do understand that it wont fit front to back......I'm just worried about length. ( yes it is an AGA 75)
  12. SaltCreep

Nice chunky shock.....GFCI didnt trip!

I got a real waker upper a minute ago...... Finished doing my weekly water change and went to plug the return pump back in. Most of the time I do this with wet hands and it's no big deal.....this time there was enough of a trickle running down the forearm and onto the plug that I got a...
  13. SaltCreep

Reef Deal Green branching hammer- Krystal Clear Aquatics

I just dropped off 4 peices of branching hammer to K.C.A. One peice was HUGE ( 8 or 9 heads ) and the others were smaller ( 3 to 5 heads) and they are pretty green. Should be cheaper than distributer hammer...I let them price it out. Mods- feel free to delete this post if it is out of...
  14. SaltCreep

Heater stuck on- dead Flame Angel

Got home from work a couple of days ago.......tank looked like someone dumped milk into it. All corals closed.....fish looked stressed......WTH........ Thermostat in livingroom set at 60......but it was 70 degrees in the room! Digital tank thermometer read 72....but one hand placed on...
  15. SaltCreep

DIY metal halide questions.....

What else would be needed to run a metal halide -Single End- ansi M57 bulb if you had one of these ballasts? Would you need some kind of capactor to ignite the bulb or do you think this ballast has a capacitor in it...or is this electronic???:confused: Thanks for ANY...
  16. SaltCreep

The Newport Aquarium

Just got back from The Newport Aquarium in Newport ( duh ) Kentucky. I have to say the reef tank was really really lame. Probably around an 800 gallon tank.....with like six corals in it! Tons of algae...... I keep thinking maybe I missed the "real" reef tank. Petting the sharks...
  17. SaltCreep

Does Kalk go bad?

Does Kalk go bad after a while? I have an old jar (6 years ) that I stored in a container with assorted chemicals and the outside of the plastic jar turned yellow from exposure to whatever it was with.:confused: I am probably going to go ahead and try it unless someone says they killed...
  18. SaltCreep

Daily Double Auto feeders....

In preparation for a week away next month I have to get an auto feeder.... Has anyone used those Daily Double feeders? They say they feed twice a day....please tell me its not every 12 hours, because that would be bad..... Thanks....
  19. SaltCreep

Need input on T-6 HO lighting

This MAY belong in the DO IT YOURSELF forum.....if it does, I apologize in advance :) I am playing around with T-6 high output lights and I'm really unclear about the electrical requirements. According to natural lighting .com T-6 lights can use existing normal output fixtures. "T6...
  20. SaltCreep

My super secret fish tank tip.

Ok I think I should contribute my one and only super secret fish tank tip. Ever notice how fish tank backgrounds are dull and don't really look as good as painting the back? If you coat your plastic background with a light layer of vegtable oil, place it on the tank, then remove all the...
Back