Search results

1. Rick M

RO system stopped making water

Thanks Wllray, I'll try that tonight when I home from work.....
  2. Rick M

The three (one sediment & two carbon) were changed recently. The flow from the reject line is good. The instructions with the unit said when you first start with a new RO membrane it can take 2 - 6 hours to fill ?? It has run at least 8 - 10 hours so far, still just a trickle...
  3. Rick M

The output before the DI cartridge is very slow as well. I removed the first (fiber) cartridge, no change. When I took out the first carbon cartridge and put the empty canister back on water gushed through, like it never had before (too fast). ???
  4. Rick M

Yes it is a saddle valve, and I had the same thought, so I tried that. I can hear the water rush through when I first opened it.
  5. Rick M

I have a 2-1/2 year old 75 GPD 5 stage Air Water Ice system that has performed great up until now. I have replaced the cartridges a couple of times, most recently about 3 months ago. The last couple of months, the output has dropped to almost nothing. (think...
  6. Rick M

To fix my tank or to junk it

If it were me... Considering the ramifications if it fails, I think I would buy a new one. If you think about it, the failure of a tank is about the worst thing that can happen to your set up. Regards, Rick M.
  7. Rick M

RO Unit

Typhoon I also have the Typhoon and have been very happy with it for almost two years.
  8. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Corrosion Won't the salt water mess up your bar and chain?
  9. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Not the kids.. It's not kids, it's me...
  10. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Swimming in circles It was like he had one of his side fins removed. Fully colored, swimming under his own power, in a circle about 3" in diameter at about a 45 degree angle, inward. The only thing I could think of was physical damage, although I couldn't see the inward facing downward side...
  11. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Mean? It might be mean? The thing ate my f*&$ing fish! If I told it once, I told it a hundred times, don't eat the f$*&#ng fish. But did it listen noooo... it ate the f*@!*ng fish. Now my kids are crying, probably scarred for life. All kidding aside, if someone wants it, I'll try...
  12. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Donation I've already answered Gina's call for donations earlier tonight, of course under ideal conditions, one would have to come and get it. I've offer a $25 reward for that scenario..
  13. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

The kids can stay and watch.. Actually, my 11 year old daughter, who wouldn't hurt a flea and has been known to pet bumblebees, wants him destroyed asap. She would probably like the "light show" of Sally's nuclear demise...
  14. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

After I catch him? After I catch her (Provided the nuke doesn't work) what should I do with her? Maybe put her in the sump, and watch her eat a little detritice(sp?)... Oh, wait, I'll probably have nightmares where he crawls out and comes up stairs and eats me...
  15. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Nuke ? Hell ya, bring whatever you have! Your reward is going to be whatever you can pick up off the floor and get into a bag really fast. I'll be picking things up and throwing them into my sump in the basement. It will be like that old TV show supermarket swap or ...something or other...
  16. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Hunting Coralcor, You can collect the reward when Sally is out of the tank, or really dead! I'm not a gun owner, so you will have to come over. I'm pretty sure the tank bottom is made of tempered glass, so we're ok there....
  17. Rick M

Don't have anything to donate to the auction? You can still help!

Donation - Sally I'll donate one big Sally Lightfoot. And $25, if you can come get him... (just kidding...) Rick
  18. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

Big appetite ? Everybody has been very happy. I've been having to work to keep my alk up, but that mostly affects some of the coral, although that has been going well lately too. All other parameters good, and everyone is happy, healthy and eating. Tank is about 15 months old. The first...
  19. Rick M

Help ! Reward Offered !

OK, so maybe the new Chromis were just not a healthy lot. Maybe that is why one disapperaed each night for 4 straight nights. Wrong.... Tonight I saw Sally Light Foot eating the remains of my (formally)perfectly healthy and happy medium sized Yellow Tang.:(:( I've tried trapping it a while...
  20. Rick M

Bombing the house for fleas and Reef Aquariums ?

My wife says the cat and two kids have fleas. She wants to bomb the house, I very wary, anybody have any input ? Thanks, Rick
Back