2015 last pictures of my mixed tank.

mimi

Non-member
I set up 24x24x24 cube tank last 2014 November, started with small frags and one big green tip leather. Now all of frags are grown up and little larger. Thanks guys for surviving :)

First front view of tank
0f81842c8362cbf5b6745406641b88a1.jpg

Left view.
0c48f447d3509f5885af90263a95a4ed.jpg

Right view.
2024af80dff1030ee077f4946890c47e.jpg

Last edited:
More pictures are coming up but I do not know the name of coral, sorry.

Last edited:
Very nice tank. Everything looks healthy including the tangs.
How long have you have the tangs in this tank?

Very nice tank. Everything looks healthy including the tangs.
How long have you have the tangs in this tank?

They were moved into my tank last January. They were came at the same time and size of golf ball? Now they are about 3 to 4inch may be. Hope they have healthy long life but tank is kind of little small.

how could you add 3 yellow tangs into the same tank? I want to add 3 or 5 into my new set up. thanks

They were moved into my tank last January. They were came at the same time and size of golf ball? Now they are about 3 to 4inch may be. Hope they have healthy long life but tank is kind of little small.

Very nice. Although the tank would be a concern in the long run, as long as they're fed well and happy, they'll be fine
I also have a trio of yellow tangs. They definitely a lot to the tank.

how could you add 3 yellow tangs into the same tank? I want to add 3 or 5 into my new set up. thanks

Best is to add them at the same time with the same size.
If you have to add them separately, watch how they interact. If one is biting the crap out of the other, use a fish trap and trap it out and let the new guy get used to the tank. If one is just harassing the other, use a mirror and the harassing will stop. Patient and observation. The larger the tank, the easier to get a group of tangs to get along.

Tell us alittle more about the tank? Dosing? Feeding? Parameters? What are you running in the sump? Looks like a really healthy cube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best is to add them at the same time with the same size.
If you have to add them separately, watch how they interact. If one is biting the crap out of the other, use a fish trap and trap it out and let the new guy get used to the tank. If one is just harassing the other, use a mirror and the harassing will stop. Patient and observation. The larger the tank, the easier to get a group of tangs to get along.
Yes, it is important that if you are adding same yellows in your tank then add at the same time otherwise they will fight to death. If you are adding different tangs then I would recommend blue tang first then selfin, yellow and powder blue tang. Or smaller tangs first then larger size will be the last.
Other expensive tangs? I do not have experience yet :eek: haha.

Tell us alittle more about the tank? Dosing? Feeding? Parameters? What are you running in the sump? Looks like a really healthy cube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks jfourn

Actually my tanks is fairly simple and I like operate without complicate equipments in my living room.
This is my little sump with old small schuran skimmer.
563f6195ebd0187f1cb5dac999d0fbbd.jpg

I do some chemical dosing such as Calcium, magnesium, and strontium. And other vitamins such as seachem reef plus. Also I feed some foods for corals. I add such additives once a week.

Parameters, well I only know pH which is between 8.1 - 8.2 when lights on and it drops to 7.9 when lights off.
I'm thinking put a moon light.

Back